Hi there! My name is Aisha. Founder and owner of Women Wandering Beyond.
Welcome to my adventure travel site dedicated to helping women travel more, step outside their comfort zones and experience wonders of the world beyond their wildest dreams!
I set this up because I realised us ladies are a tremendous bunch (don’t know if you noticed…. but yea YOU ARE FABULOUS)
Nevertheless, sometimes we hold ourselves back from traveling because there isn’t enough relevant information out there, it costs too much and we convince ourselves that it’s a surefire way to end up with a one way ticket on a pirate boat. O_O
To help you overcome these doubts and fears, on this site I want to share :
· Detailed practical guides for you to explore different nooks and crannys of the world, without compromising on your safety
· Tips on how to travel cheaper and safer
· Ways you can make money on your travels, so you can travel longer!
· All the best travel gear and products that can help you travel with comfort, without breaking the bank
· A bit of inspiration so you have some good ideas for your next trip.
The articles will be written by myself and ladies from all walks of life, I wanted to make this as inclusive as possible! I don’t care about your age, your religion, what gender you love as long as we share the same passion for respecting and exploring Mother Earth!
You may spot the odd article written by a male, but it’s probably my brother (Yusuf Preece) or a male writer who is equally passionate about women wandering beyond their limits and self- restrictions. (I vetted them :))
I am supposed to put an inspirational travel quote here, I am still looking for one, any ideas? 🙂
I have travelled to over 30 countries, most of them solo. So, don’t worry if your friends are too busy monging out on the couch watching paint dry.
Women Wandering Beyond will show you how to adventure around the world alone, and you WILL make new friends along the way!
Having said that, if you have a family to travel with or you and your bestie plan to trailblaze across the world, we have got some cool stuff for you too!
There is a little something for everyone 🙂
We are in this together ladies , tighten your bra straps and stick some practical underwear on because we are going on an ADVENTURE!
Thank you so much for swinging by my little corner of the internet. I am super excited to start helping you explore parts of the world you always wished and wondered about.
I am stoked for you to join me on this journey and if you want to see me in real time follow me below.
Make sure you subscribe to my emails if you want the latest posts on traveling cheaper, safer and better as well as any freebies I find along the way.
Instagram– Click on my Instastories, you will probably catch me singing (wailing) love songs to my little cat, Sandy. She hates me but I don’t mind.
Facebook– A lot of gung ho posts and bad poses but beautiful pictures of the world.
Let’s get you started on exploring the world sista!
Some facts about me you didn’t ask for, but I’m telling you anyway:
· I hadn’t showered for 3 days in that picture to the left. I was on a motorbike trip in the mountains. My signature perfume for the trip was ‘ Eu de Pong’.
· I left my corporate banking job 3 years ago to pursue a life of location independence. You can read all about it here.
· I have moved countries 6 times
· New Zealand is my most favourite country in the whole wide world
· I climbed up to Everest base Camp while trying my first remote working job – proofreading. It paid for my entire trip.
· I have a unique talent of getting lost. I just need to turn around in a circle and l will have lost my bearings.
· My dream is to climb Mount Kilimanjaro and motorbike through Europe. Not simultaneously.
· I just want everyone to be able to travel more as I think it will make the world a more open, inclusive and happier place!