Do you want to find the best cruelty free concealers for your skin type?
Finding cruelty free concealers can be difficult.
With so many different brands and products on the market, it’s hard to know which one is right for you. But don’t worry, I’ve got you covered.
In this article, I have found the 21 best cruelty free concealers for perfect coverage. These concealers are perfect for the everyday woman who travels and is on the go.
They are also gluten-free, non-comedogenic, hypoallergenic, and sensitive skin-friendly. Why lookout for products that have these labels?
According to Forbes, people are now most likely to purchase health and beauty products that don’t contain animal ingredients. The trend results from people becoming more health-conscious and aware that the products they use absorb into their skin.
So whether you have oily or dry skin, you’re sure to find a concealer that works for you. And if that’s not enough, many of these brands also have vegan under-eye options!
Some of the links on here are affiliate links, and I may earn if you click on them, AT NO EXTRA cost to you. I hope you find the information here useful! Thanks.
- Best Eco – Friendly Plastic Free Lip Balms
- Zero Waste Sunscreen You Can’t Live Without!
- 31 Eco-Friendly Travel Products For A Guilt-Free Trip!
- 11 Eco-Friendly Travel Bags To Explore The World With
Best Cruelty Free Under Eye Concealers (High End, Mid-Range, and Most Affordable!)
I know you’re super busy, so here’s a quick summary of the top 3 recommendations and why :
This multi-use 3-in-1 concealer uses water lily extract and peptides to conceal imperfections like tiredness, redness, blemishes, rosacea, broken capillaries, or dullness while also gently melting with your complexion. It’s oil-free and powder-free are ideal for oily and combo skin types.
Most Budget Friendly
A Firming and brightening concealing product. Covers up flaws, spots, and under-eye circles while also providing your skin with hydration for a smooth finish that doesn’t fall off.
The Mid Range Option
This creamy brightening concealer effectively lightens dark circles with colour correction and physical concealment. Wide Awake pampers and nurtures delicate eye area skin while concealing thanks to its combination of shea butter, jojoba oil, and Vitamin E.
Who Am I?
Hi everyone! My name is Veronica and I’m so excited to be writing a guest post for Women Wandering Beyond. I live in Maryland and I love to travel.
When it comes to makeup, my motto is “Less is more.” It took me a long time to realize that spending hours on your makeup every day isn’t necessary. And that’s why I’m excited for you to read about some of the best cruelty free concealers on the market today.
To get in touch with me, connect with me HERE!
Now, let’s get started!
21 Best Cruelty Free Concealers
These concealers are the best for those who want to avoid products that have been tested on animals. On this list, you’ll discover that there’s something for everyone, regardless of budget. Read on to find the one for you!
The Top 7 Best Cruelty Free Drugstore Brand Concealers ($)
Close enough to your skin’s tone and texture that it complements True Match Makeup, Powder, and Blush precisely. It hides blemishes and flaws while also improving skin tone.
There are 9 true-to-you hues for a cleaner, truer, and more natural skin appearance.
- Easy to apply
- Matches skin
- Looks natural
- May need to use a lot of product for more coverage
- Can oxidate quickly and give an “orange” look
- Can go on thick at first
The concentrated emollient-rich concealer formula applies like a dream and effectively conceals flaws, redness, discolouration, and under-eye circles while never appearing cakey or obvious.
The end result is gorgeous, natural-looking concealer coverage that you can depend on.
- Provides full coverage
- No strong odor or perfume smell
- A great amount of product for the cost
- Doesn’t last long
- Creases after use
- It may be hard to blend due to the full coverage formula
This full-coverage liquid concealer hides flaws and under-eye circles while also delivering hydration to your skin.
For a smooth, satin finish that lasts all day (no touch-ups required), the lightweight, workable formula corrects and perfects without creasing or flaking.
- Good value for the product
- Easy to spread
- Lasts long
- Can be drying to the skin
- Color doesn’t match exactly to skin
- The applicator leaks easily
This blendable, full-coverage concealer has a velvety, matte finish and can be worn all day. This simple to apply product will help you hide difficult-to-spot skin flaws including dark circles.
- Comparable to the more expensive Tarte shape concealer
- Lasts throughout the day
- Only need a little bit to provide coverage
- If you apply more product, it can crease
- The formula can be dry
- Colors can be lighter than your skin tone
The long-wear concealer has a wonderfully creamy texture and is water-resistant for 12 hours of beautifully full coverage.
With this liquid concealer, you can hide flaws easily enough. It’s ideal for hiding under-eye circles, blemishes, and skin discolouration because it contains Vitamin E to restore moisture to your skin.
- Coverage is even
- Spreads like “butter” when applying
- Almost a perfect match to your skin tone
- Not very moisturizing
- Can cling to fine lines
- Can have a chemical smell
The thin, yet creamy texture concealer covers everything completely and naturally with a barely-there feel and all-day wear. The best-selling colour correctors conceal darkness under the eyes, reduce redness, and eliminate hyperpigmentation so you can worry less and perform more.
- The applicator makes it easy to use product
- Don’t need a lot of product to cover dark circles
- Doesn’t oxidize and leaves a natural finish on the skin
- Some of the color undertones don’t match skin tone
- The formula is too light to provide a fuller coverage
- Not meant for dry skin
This is perfect for covering up dark circles and blemishes with ease! It’s a creamy, medium-coverage concealing stick that comes in 6 buildable, different shades so you can find the right one to match your skin tone. And it’s great for any skin type as well!
- Goes on smooth
- Great coverage
- Very natural and blends easily
- Doesn’t last long
- Not very versatile
- Hard to layer on during bad weather days
The Top 7 Best Cruelty Free Mid Range Cost Brand Concealers ($$)
In an easy-to-use stick, this 2-in-1 waterproof creme foundation and concealer gives you full coverage without the heavy feel. It evens your skin tone and hides flaws with a rich, creamy finish that builds from sheer to opaque.
Glides on effortlessly with dabbing and blending. UV protection and continual conditioning thanks to hypoallergenic properties. Ideal for all skin types.
- High coverage
- Easy to blend
- Buffs naturally with your skin tone and other makeup products
- It can have a shimmering effect
- Doesn’t last long especially if you have oily or combo skin
- Settles into fine lines
Conceal while you heal! This hydrating, moisturizing, and line-softening concealer is nourished with organic Vitamin E, Coconut, and Jojoba seed and will soothe and heal the skin. This self-adjusting and colour matching lotion adjust to your natural tone to hide blemishes, dark circles, and redness.
- Gives a dewy effect
- Leaves skin feeling smooth and moisturized
- All-natural and healthy ingredients
- Can rub off easily
- Doesn’t have staying power
- Price can be high for the amount you get
The lightweight, innovative concealing solution instantly colour-corrects and blurs flaws, leaving the skin bright and radiant. Don’t just conceal your mistakes; correct them with six distinct colours for everything from redness to dark circles.
- Blendable into the skin
- Very easy to use because of the applicator
- The concealer color doesn’t exactly match the foundation
- Can finish dry on the skin
- Coverage may not last too long depending on skin type
The best-selling organic, all-natural dark circle concealer on Amazon is Wide Awake.
This creamy brightener effectively conceals dark circles while also correcting colour. Formulated with shea butter, jojoba oil, and Vitamin E, Wide awake soothes and nourishes delicate eye area skin while concealing.
- Brightens the undereye area
- Can make you appear to have younger skin due to the natural ingredients
- Lasts all-day
- Hard to warm up the product to apply
- It’s not creamy enough for older skin types
- Difficult to color match for darker skin tones
This all-natural concealer has buildable coverage that lasts. Natural pigments easily cover everything from under-eye circles to age spots and acne scars due to the natural properties of the product. This cruelty-free and vegan US-produced foundation are ideal for sensitive, acne-prone skin.
- Improves skin over time due to the formula which has argan oil and vitamin E
- Doesn’t crease or cake into fine lines or skin
- Easy, a hands-free application using a wand applicator
- Doesn’t stay on all-day
- The color may not 100% match skin’s undertones
- The texture is too thin and may need to use more product
A power-packed concealer that is packed in hyaluronic acid, peptide, and caffeine-rich skincare base that hydrates, plumps, and gives a smooth, radiant finish. It hides while yet maintaining a full skin appearance. Clinical studies proved clean and comfy.
- Blends beautifully making you feel like you have nothing on your face
- Perfect match for skin tones
- Provides good coverage and doesn’t crease
- Can be very drying
- Has a short shelf-life and can smell bad
- Consistency can be runny and wet
This is a full-coverage, natural matte finish concealer that smoothes and brightens the appearance of the eyes. Tape technology corrects your biggest beauty issues by helping to smooth and blur fine lines and wrinkles.
- Works especially well to cover blemishes
- Provides full coverage
- Is versatile – can also be used to contour the face
- Can be heavy on the skin
- Difficult to apply because of the thick formula
- Can be very drying to mature skin
The Top 7 Best Cruelty Free High-End Brand Concealers ($$$)
The all-purpose concealer Real Skin + is perfect to create flawless, natural-looking results. For strategic concealing or all-over coverage for under-eyes and spot treatment concealing, the stick formula offers the simplicity of application – even on the go – as well as incredible control.
The emollient, smooth lotion has a feather-light texture that provides true shade matching capability. For anti-ageing effects, it is infused with hydrating Raspberry stem cell extract and Hibiscus extract.
- Smooth and creamy on the skin
- Easy to use packaging
- Applies buildable coverage where needed
- Only a little product for the price you pay
- Shade range doesn’t match all skin tones
- Hard to build/layer on the skin
This hydrating concealer contains white water lily extract and infused peptides that melts with your skin tone and conceals flaws like fatigue, redness, blemishes, rosacea, broken capillaries, or dullness.
The formula is oil-free and powder-free which is perfect for those with normal to oily skin. Sheer to medium buildable finish. All skin types supported.
- Versatile coverage
- Gives skin a more youthful, rejuvenated appearance
- A 3-in-1 product that highlights, conceals, and corrects
- Can leave skin too shiny
- Hard to apply due to the applicator
- Very little product for the price
Neutralize and smooth any discolouration and brighten the look of your under-eye region, for a flawlessly beautiful countenance. The ultra-light, buttery, and feather-light compact concealing formula instantly camouflage various degrees of discolouration.
- Formula is light and blendable
- Color corrects accurately
- Creamy texture allows you to build coverage
- Fades easily throughout the day
- Cakey and creases
- Drying to the skin
This Under Eye Concealer will be your favourite for eyes that appear naturally perfect and radiant. Featuring a dynamic duo, the darker shade blurs and corrects any flaws, while the lighter shade brightens and lifts thanks to a dynamic duo of natural mineral pigment hues.
This creamy, long-wearing, semi-matte concealer comes in a variety of colours and can be used individually or blended together to create your own custom concealer. This antioxidant-rich cream glides on smoothly for buildable medium to full coverage with a lightweight texture that’s perfect for sensitive skin.
- Lasts all day long
- Full coverage
- The duo shades provide versatility
- Priced high for little product
- Can be too dewy for some and give a shiny finish
- Consistency can feel greasy to some
This “stylize your eyes concealer”, blends in with a creamy, creaseless stretch to instantly reduce the appearance of dark circles, discolouration, and blemishes. Mastic and Albizia Julibrissin Bark Extract, as well as stabilized Vitamin C, help to enhance skin throughout time, resulting in a more radiant, smoother, and more even complexion while also protecting against damage from the environment.
- Helps improve skin over time
- You’ll look neither over- nor under-crowded with this concealer and its built-in primer
- Good, buildable coverage
- The shade appears to be too yellow on some skin tones
- Lightweight but can settle into creases
- Can be drying and have a sticky feel
For a soft-focus effect, apply this to a highlighter and concealer that refracts light.
Nourishing components reduce puffiness, soothe tired eyes, and minimize the appearance of dark circles while also brightening the eye region and protecting sensitive eye skin.
- Doesn’t settle into wrinkles
- Lifts the skin’s color and makes eyes brighter
- Precise application due to the packaging
- Can appear chalky on dry skin types
- The applicator can break if applying too much pressure
- Consistency can be gloppy
To visibly brighten eyes, this multi-tasking undereye brightener conceals, camouflages dark circles and reduces the appearance of fine lines.
- Helps you appear more rested and radiant
- No smudging or pooling
- Blends easily with fingers or brush
- Not full coverage
- Doesn’t contain any SPF
- It may not be good for sensitive eyes
These are just a few of the best ones on the market. There are many choices for every skin tone, from full-coverage concealers to sheer ones, so you’ll be able to find something that’s ideal for you.
FAQs About Cruelty Free Concealers
Here are some commonly asked questions that might be on your mind when it comes to cruelty-free concealers.
1.What Are Some Natural Ingredients That Can Work Well In A Concealer Product?
Here’s a list of some natural ingredients that work well:
- rosehip seed oil – helps even out skin tone
- carrot seed oil – high in carotenoids to help protect against sun damage
- shea butter – which helps protect against free radical damage
- cocoa butter – protects skin from UV light damage, protects against dryness
- jojoba oil – helps stimulate the production of collagen and also helps to regenerate tissues
- chamomile-extract – soothes skin and reduces redness
2.How Can I Find A Concealer That Matches My Skin Tone?
First, look at the inside of your arm near where it bends.
If it looks fairly golden/yellow then your skin tone is probably beige or olive. If there seems to be more of a pink tone then you should be looking for a concealer in the peach category.
If your skin looks yellow but not golden, it probably falls into the category of warm. And if it looks more neutral or greyish then you are cool-toned.
3.What Are The Benefits Of Using A Cruelty Free Concealer?
For one, they’re not tested on animals.
Another benefit is that you don’t have to worry about the common irritations that come with using products that aren’t vegan.
Examples of skin irritations are redness, dry patches, acne, dermatitis, and more! By using a concealer that’s cruelty free, you’re ensuring that your skin won’t experience that.
4.Are These Cruelty Free Concealers Vegan?
Yes, most of them are! However, be careful if you’re looking for a vegan concealer that’s not tested on animals. Some of them could still contain animal ingredients like natural beeswax or lanolin oil.
Make sure to read the ingredients before you purchase.
You can refer to this list here by PETA to refer to when purchasing makeup.
5.How Much Concealer Should I Be Using? And How Do I Apply It?
That depends on how much coverage you’re looking for and what you want it to be used for. In general, a concealer should be applied after your foundation or tinted moisturizer.
You can choose whether or not you’d like to apply any powder over the top of the concealer after it’s been blended in.
Here’s a good article from Birdie that explains how.
6.Are There Any Downsides To Using A Cruelty Free Concealer?
There are a few downsides that you might find when looking for cruelty free concealers.
- First, some of them can be on the expensive side because they’re higher quality and vegan-friendly.
- There can also be a limited shade selection, which is why it’s important to understand your skin tone in order to choose well.
- Another downside is sometimes it can be hard to locate the best cruelty free under eye brands, so you might have to do some research (thank goodness for this post, I already did it for you, eh?).
Despite the downsides, you’re doing your part in saving an animal’s life, being sustainable, and this list of some of the best vegan concealers ensures you can do it while looking great!
7.How Do I Take Care Of My Concealer To Make It Last Longer?
Taking care of your concealer properly will help keep it in good condition so you can use it all up! It’s important to close the lid or cover tightly after every use because this keeps the makeup from drying out. Storing your concealer in a cool, dry place can also help prolong its life.
8.Where Should I Look For Cruelty Free Concealers?
9.How Much Does It Cost For An Average Concealer?
The price of a concealer can vary depending on many things – brand, shade, and where you purchase it. But in general, they range from approximately $2 (drugstore brand) to $20+ for a formula that is the best vegan concealer for dark circles.
10.How Do I Know If It’s Cruelty Free?
It’s important to look for “cruelty-free” on the label or online to ensure that the product was not tested on animals. Although the term “cruelty-free” can be misleading, there are some guidelines to follow that ensure you’re getting an ethical product.
Look for the Leaping Bunny logo or PETA’s Cruelty-Free Products List which ensures that all ingredients and final products were not tested on animals. If it doesn’t say anything at all, that’s a bad sign and you should move on to another product.
Vegan and cruelty-free concealers are a must for anyone with sensitive skin, but what do you need to know in order to find the best one? This list provides an overview of some key points that will help when it comes time to make your purchase.
- First things first: vegan means no animal testing (or byproducts) which is important if you’re looking for makeup that’s ethical as well as safe.
- Second, there can be limited shade selections so it’s helpful to understand how different shades look on various skin tones before making your decision.
- Thirdly, most vegan and cruelty free concealers won’t be cheap because they use higher quality ingredients and don’t test on animals; however, they last longer than other formulas so this isn’t a wasted purchase.
- Lastly, take care of your vegan and cruelty free concealer properly, and always make sure to check for the Leaping Bunny logo or PETA’s Cruelty-Free Products List when purchasing.
It’s true that many people don’t realize how important it is to know what they’re putting on their skin.
But, with the right ingredients and a little research, you can find the perfect product for your needs! And we’ve done some of that work for you by finding the 21 best cruelty free concealers for every woman out there. Have fun trying them all out!