Looking for the best hiking boots for under 100 dollars in 2023?
As someone who really loves outdoor activities, specifically hiking, I noticed that good hiking gear is always pricey. I don’t deny the quality, but, being someone who likes a good bargain, I always find myself on the lookout for more affordable hiking boots.
Why, you might ask?
If you look carefully, there are good quality for the best hiking boots for under 100. There are plenty that are also durable if you care for the boots well.
Can you relate? If so, continue reading the list of best hiking boots for under 100 that I have created for you!
Some of the links below are affiliate links and I may earn if you click and buy from them, AT NO EXTRA cost to you. Hope you find the information here useful! Thank you so much.
11 Best Hiking Boots For Under 100
Most Budget-Friendly: Hi-Tec Women’s Skamania
Mid Range Compromise.: Hi-Tec Men’s Altitude VI Waterproof Hiking Boot
- Columbia Women’s Newton Ridge Plus Waterproof Amped Hiking Boots
- Hi-Tec Women’s Skamania
- Foxelli Women’s Hiking Boots
- Columbia Women’s Crestwood Mid Waterproof
- XPETI Women’s Thermator Mid High-Top Waterproof Outdoor Hiking Boot
- Hi-Tec Men’s Altitude VI Waterproof Hiking Boot
- Merrell Men’s Moab 2 Mid Waterproof Hiking Boot
- Columbia Men’s Newton Ridge Plus Ii Waterproof Hiking Boot Shoe
- Timberland Men’s White Ledge Mid Waterproof Ankle Boot
- Merrell Men’s Moab 2 Vent Hiking Shoe
- KEEN Targhee II Mid WP Hiking Boot
- Best Hiking Shirts For Hot Weather [ For Women And Men]
- Best Lightweight Long Sleeve Hiking Shirt Womens
- 21 Best Women’s Leggings For Hiking In 2022
- 11 Best Hiking Underwear For Men And Women
- 13 Barefoot Hiking Boots for Minimalists and All Foot Types
- Are Hiking Boots Good for Walking (8 Factors to Consider)
- Work Boots vs. Hiking Boots: Which Ones Do You Need?
- 15 Best Hiking Boots for Weak Ankles [Men + Women] 2022
- 7 Best Ankle Support For Hiking Options in 2022
11 Best Hiking Boots for Under 100
These women’s best hiking boots for under 100 are made from high-quality materials and strong stitching. They are designed for long-lasting hiking use and constructed with a waterproof seam with full-grain leather and suede upper.
They are the best lightweight hiking boots with a mesh tongue, a scratch rubber heel, and outdoor lace hardware.
The Columbia Women’s Newton Ridge Plus Waterproof Amped Hiking Shoe is the secure and stable boot you want on long treks over difficult terrain.
- Rubber sole for slip-free movement
- Shaft measurement of 5” from arch for added support
- Lightweight and durable midsole for comfort and ultimate cushioning
- Made of waterproof full-grain leather and suede bootie construction and durable and breathable mesh tongue
- Lace-up closure for a secure and adjustable fit
- Contrasting color combinations and soft suede exterior for stylish look
- Has a dual-zone winter tread pattern for solid footing on icy and snowy surfaces
- Be reminded that this shoe would fit you smaller than your usual size, consider sizing up
- Need regular maintenance, at least once a month
These women’s best hiking boots for under 100 are suitable in extreme weather conditions with their waterproof suede and high-performance mesh. Hence, your feet stay dry.
Based on the best hiking boots reviews, they also have removable contoured footbeds for you to easily swap out insoles with personal orthotics.
The Hi-Tec Women’s Skamania also offers great traction on technical trails.
- Rubber sole for ample traction and provides security for your feet
- Ankle-high shaft measurement from arch for added support
- Easy-on back loop for ample support around your ankle
- Molded removable insole provides more support when walking and hiking
- EVA cushioned midsole provides comfort
- Steel shank for extra support especially if you have flat feet – it really helps!
- The hiking boots are waterproof, but avoid standing on streaming water as water could enter through the upper opening
- Do not last long if not regularly maintained – at least once a month
- Might fit smaller than your usual size, consider sizing up
These waterproof best hiking boots for under 100 are designed for rugged use in addition to being stylish enough for everyday wear.
These Foxelli hiking boots also have many great features like a well-padded collar and tongue for superior cushioning around your ankles.
The Foxelli Women’s Hiking Boots have removable soft foam innersoles for continuous foot relief and protection. They also have shock-absorbent midsoles to minimize impacts and protect your joints.
- Flexible upper part that ensures freedom of movement
- Made of waterproof suede leather and breathable mesh
- Moisture-wicking even in harshest weather conditions
- Breathable mesh collar and gusseted tongue allow for better ventilation
- Fully slip-proof and advanced traction for better stability
- Rand guards for extra protection
- Good arch and ankle support for better posture and balance!
- Avoid wearing these hiking boots standing or walking on streaming water as water could enter through the upper opening – defeats the waterproof purpose
- Not long lasting – requires maintenance at least once a month
- Fits smaller than expected, measure carefully
These best hiking boots under 100 are designed for a rigorous trial day.
Made of high-quality materials, they are durable and comfortable, lightweight, and stylish. The Columbia hiking boots are also designed with waterproof mesh and leather exterior, perfect for trail and mountain ranges.
The outsoles of the Columbia Women’s Crestwood Mid Waterproof hiking boots work hard to tread grip and prevent slipping. The midsole gives you long-lasting comfort and ultimate cushioning.
- Mid-calf shaft measurement from the arch for added support
- Have a dual-zone winter tread pattern for specific environments and icy and snowy surfaces
- Durable mesh tongue for ventilation and waterproof leather
- Lace-up closure for a secure and adjustable fit
- Lightweight and durable midsoles for better comfort and ultimate cushioning
- Rubber sole for slip-free movement on rough surface
- Do not last long, maintain regularly
- Do not fit as they should on the ankle area, you can consult for best fit
The XPETI Women’s Thermator Mid High-Top Waterproof Outdoor Hiking Boots protect your feet by moulding the toe cap and TPU at the heels.
There are also innovatively designed cushioned EVA midsoles for durability, stability, and comfort. These best hiking boots under 100 in the UK are the most suitable to be worn for winter hiking.
- 8” shaft measurement from arch for ultimate support
- Keep your feet cool and dry with hydroshield membrane waterproof mesh upper
- Sturdy even when carrying load
- Integrated inserted EVA midsoles for reduced foot fatigue and shock absorption
- Durable with molded TP heel stabilizer for protection and stability
- Ultimate X-grip and rubber outsole for higher traction grip – avoid slipping
- Suitable for indoor and outdoor activities
- Fit smaller feet, consider sizing up
- Quickly wear off on extreme terrain surfaces
- Padding could wear out in months – maintain after every long hike to slow the wearing off period
They have a soft-pad leather collar, gusseted leather tongue, and rust-proof brass hardware. For added rigidity and superior comfort, they have steel shanks and compression-moulded EVA midsoles.
Don’t worry about slipping since these Hi-Tec Men’s Altitude VI Waterproof Hiking Boots have carbon rubber hiking outsoles.
They also have a contoured sock liner to support your feet on longer hikes.
- Made of 100% waterproof leather
- Rubber sole for great traction and avoid slipping
- 3.94” shaft measurement from arch for great support around your ankle
- 13” around boot opening measurement for comfort and easy slip on
- Multi-Directional Traction (MDT) Rubber outsoles for comfort
- Fit smaller than usual size, consider sizing up or consult for best fit
- Not durable for extreme weathers and terrains
The Merrell Men’s Moab 2 Mid Waterproof Hiking Boots provide the ultimate comfort and are true to its reputation. With a versatile package of durable leather, a supportive footbed, and Vibram traction, you will definitely love these.
The Merrell hiking boots are made of 100% suede leather/mesh for a durable ventilated journey. They are also made of synthetic soles for good grip and traction on challenging surfaces.
- Moisture-wicking and waterproof to keep your feet dry on the move
- Molded nylon arch shank, especially suitable if you have flat feet
- Closed-cell foam tongue and bellows keep moisture and dirt out
- Shock-absorbent air cushion for comfort and support
- 5mm lug depth for added stability
- Breathable mesh lining and protective rubber toe cap
- Contoured footbed with zonal arch for additional heel support
- Short tread and sole life cycle if worn on extreme conditions
- Not suitable for hiking on extremely slippery surfaces
These best hiking boots for under 100 Reddit are lightweight, durable and comfortable with added versatility. The boots also provide extra protection from the waterproof mesh and exterior leather against the trail to the mountain range. The advanced traction outsoles tread grip to prevent slipping in various conditions.
- Lightweight and durable midsoles for comfort and superior cushioning
- Slip-free movement with advanced traction rubber on rough surfaces
- Waterproof full-grain leather and breathable, durable mesh tongue
- Lace-up closure for a secure and adjustable fit
- Solid footing on icy and snowy surfaces with a dual-zone winter tread pattern
- Could wear off quickly if worn on extreme conditions and irregular maintenance
- The bottom shoe rubber could get undone after a few hikes – so make sure you properly maintain by drying the hiking boots and applying leather conditioner
These Timberland hiking boots are made of 100% premium waterproof leather with seam-sealed construction. They have fully gusseted tongues and EVA footbeds and midsoles. They are also great looking aside from being comfortable and durable.
The Timberland Men’s White Ledge Mid Waterproof Ankle Boots have rubber soles and a 4.75” shaft measurement from the arch. With rustproof speed lace hardware and hooks at the top, expect secure lacing and support.
- Outdoor-ready ensemble – good for casual and extreme wear conditions
- Seam-sealed construction to keep water out
- Gusseted tongues for protection and security
- Secure and speedy lace-up
- Arch support
- Only suitable for casual hikes
- Do not wear in water to protect the hiking boots from wearing off quickly
The Merrell Men’s Moab 2 Vent Hiking Shoe can be worn for hiking, trail running, and for work and casual purposes. These shoes are waterproof and ventilated well, perfect for hiking on mountains.
These hiking shoes are made of suede leather and mesh. The soles are manmade for extra cushioning and comfort.
- High performance waterproof suede leather for long-lasting wear
- Mesh upper for ventilation
- Closed-cell foam tongue and bellows to keep dirt and moisture out
- Protective rubber toe cap
- Breathable mesh lining with 5mm lug depth
- Less padding on ankle area, consider consultation for best fit and support
- Less one shoe lace hole than the first version causing less support
- Deeper heal which could cause back pain, consider adding on soles to prevent this from happening
These waterproof best hiking boots for under 100 are like a four-wheel drive for your feet. They keep your feet dry and comfortable.
With 4mm lug depth, they provide great traction control. The ESS shank gives torsional stability for support through canyons and over mountaintops.
Made of 100% waterproof nubuck leather, the KEEN Targhee II Mid WP Hiking Boot allows you to hike without wetting your feet. They also have rubber soles for grip on various surfaces.
- The waterproof breathable material keeps your feet dry and comfortable all day long
- The leather is treated with PFC-free water repellent to avoid water from flooding the boots
- High-traction grip rubber outsoles suitable for all environments
- Leave no traces indoor with non-marking rubber outsoles
- Added ankle support and balance with External Support Shank (ESS), mid-cut, and contoured heels
- Low-profile upper for secure fit with padded collar and tongue
- Quick wear-off period, regularly maintain the boots by applying leather conditioner and drying after used on wet conditions
- Suitable for moderate hikes, not on extreme weather conditions
Types of Hiking Boots
Different types of hiking boots serve different purposes. It all depends on your preference, types of terrain, and what you want to do.
High tops hiking boots extend slightly over your ankles. They look like basketball athletic shoes. High tops usually provide much better support for your ankles, suitable for vigorous hiking.
Compared to the high tops, the mid-tops go lower than your ankles. The mid-tops provide less support on your ankles, but this doesn’t mean you can’t wear them hiking.
The low tops hiking boots give you a lighter feeling, although with less support. They lack the buttressing action and mechanical support of high tops. Hence, your foot and ankle muscles have to be more active.
If you’re off on a hike, it is best to consider high tops for better support and more comfort.
How To Choose The Best Hiking Boots
Choosing the best hiking boots for under 100 should come with a checklist. With this, you can consider choosing the best hiking boots for under 100 dollars.
Look at all these characteristics before deciding on a pair of good hiking boots:
- Material: usually made of suede leather for waterproof ability and mesh for breathability
- Midsole: Contoured midsole is preferred for extra cushioning and comfort
- Outer sole and traction: Rubber soles are preferred for grip and traction
- Stability: Achieve stability with fully ankle support hiking boots
- Weight: Lightweight hiking boots are good for longer hikes
- Amount of use: Go for durable hiking boots for longer uses and bear in mind that not all boots last more than a year
- Proper sizing: Refer to the product’s sizing chart carefully because you cannot consider all boot sizes are similar across different brands
Tips To Maintain Hiking Boots To Last Longer
Hiking boots that are worn for various conditions and longer periods tend to wear off quickly, in a matter of months or even weeks!
To avoid your hiking boots from cracking, do these:
- Applying leather conditioner to maintain the suppleness.
- However, do not over-condition, as it can be harmful to the long-term performance of your hiking boots.
- If you’re maintaining your hiking boots, I recommend you to use the Granger’s leather conditioner.
Frequently Asked Questions
What Is The Difference Between Men’s And Women’s Hiking Boots?
The major difference between men’s and women’s hiking boots is the width. Women’s boots are significantly wider in the areas of the toe and forefoot and narrower in the heel. This is common as women usually have narrower and shorter feet than men.
How Do I Avoid Getting Blisters When Hiking?
When wearing hiking boots, other than breaking in, you should do several other things to avoid blisters. Buy good-fitting boots, wear double socks (one thinner than the other), and cover hot spots immediately with a Moleskin tape or a padded blister bandage.
What Socks Work Best With Hiking Boots?
The most popular material of hiking socks is wool. The material regulates temperature well. It will not let your feet get sweaty and provide extra cushioning for comfort.
How Do I Fix Smelly Hiking Boots?
You can use baking soda for this purpose as it has been a well-known product that can remove odour and stains easily. You just have to sprinkle a few teaspoons of regular baking soda (the best for this purpose) into your hiking boots. Then, let your boots sit overnight to get rid of any bad odour.
How Long Will Hiking Boots Last?
Hiking boots have their own milestones. They are recommended to be replaced every 350 to 500 miles or 3 to 6 months, all depending on your use. However, with proper maintenance, it can last more than a year. Mind that the milestone also depends on the type of hiking you enjoy and the conditions they have been through, either light or rough terrains.
When Should I Replace My Hiking Boots?
You can consider replacing your boots after they have reached their recommended milestone. Hiking boots have to reach a milestone of 3 to 6 months or 350 to 500 miles based on usage. But if you take good care of your hiking boots, they can last up to more than a year. The milestones are also considered based on the conditions and terrains they’re used for.
Do Hiking Boots Cause Back Pain?
The answer is yes, it can! This could happen due to an imbalance in terms of high or low arches and improper hiking boots that do not fit your feet right. These could cause pain in your neck, lower back, hips, knees, and ankles.
To overcome this, you can try these hacks:
- Exercises to develop your core strength (around your shoulders, hips, and lower back)
- Avoid actions that trigger pain (be careful with every step!)
- Get the correct backpack like this (suitable for your size)
- Use poles for trekking for added support specifically on steep surfaces
- Get a good sleeping pad if you’re an overnight hiker
- Enhance your posture by trying these exercises
- 19 Best Hiking Tights To Keep You Comfy On Your Hike
- 10 Best Hiking Underwear For Women [2022 Update]
- 15 Best Hiking Jackets For Women [2022 Update]
- 11 Best Budget Hiking Pants of 2022
Based on the top 11 best hiking boots for under 100 dollars above, I hope you manage to find the most suitable ones for your needs. Make sure you consider the sizing and fit, the material, waterproof ability, and life span of the boots. They should make you comfortable on every hike, not make you suffer. Happy shopping!