Are you planning your weekend in Collioure? Then, you should consider camping in Collioure.
Collioure is a perfect holiday destination as it has five beaches and each of them has its own distinct personality.
Only 15 miles from Spain, Collioure shares a common culture and history with its Catalan cousins across the border.
10 Best Camping in Collioure Spots
This article may contain some affiliate links which means I may earn some commission when you click on it, but no additional cost to you. Hope you will find this article helpful.
- Camping In Niolon: The Ultimate Guide 2022
- Your Ultimate Guide To Tour Du Mont Blanc Camping
- 10 Best Saint Guilhem Le Désert Camping Sites In 2022!
- Kayaking In France: Your Ultimate Guide [2022 Update]
- 13 Best Places To Live In France (Local Tips!)
- How To Find The Best Grape Picking Jobs In France
10 Best Camping In Collioure Spots
This campsite is located at the gateway to Collioure. Les Criques De Porteils is a strategic campsite because they have infinite sea views. You also get stunning views of the foothills of the Pyrenees.
Some of the facilities provided by this campsite are include:
- Mobile homes
- Bengali tents
- Terrace emplacements overlooking the sea
- Heated pools
- Boutique and restaurant
- Locally guided tours
The best part is they have a wide range of pitches for tents or caravans (with or without electricity) with mountain or sea views. Additionally, you can rent tents or caravans from many modern and comfortable accommodations there.
Different types of accommodations available include:
- Ecolodge – from € 37
- Faré – from € 57
- Wooden bungalow – from € 60
- Mobile home – from € 40
You can check the camping Les Criques de Porteils tariffs as their rates vary depending on the accommodation you choose.
Les Criques de Porteils has a variety of programs consisting of fun and relaxing activities, so your days here will be packed.
What I like about this campsite is that all the services are FREE! #ifitsfreeitsforme!
Activities offered by Les Criques de Porteils:
- Artistic workshops
- Golf practice
- Table tennis
- Stand up paddle initiation
- Classical music sessions
- Children’s playground
- Duck Pond and rabbits
- Heated pools
The campsite is located between Angeles-sur-Mer and Collioure.
Overlooking the Mediterranean Costa Brava, this campsite is 6km away from the white sandy beach. If your family loves beaches, you should consider this campsite as they offer direct access to the beach.
Camping L’Amfora provides top-quality facilities and world-class campsite services to its customers with a diverse array of accommodation such as bungalows, apartments, and mobile homes.
They offer 3 options of accommodation:
This campsite is a 100% accessible campsite and they prioritize security so you will have a safe holiday. Their security teams will always be on the watch for you and your family.
You can also count on their medical care service throughout your stay there.
Not only that, Camping L’Amfora offers many fun activities that you can enjoy with your friends and family.
Some of activities you can enjoy at the campsite:
- Challenge park
- Sports classes (zumba, water aerobics, football)
- Evening party
- Mini disco
If you are looking for a campsite to go camping near Port Vendres, this campsite is the best choice.
You can enjoy water sports like diving, kayaking, fishing, and spearfishing at the beach. If you love hiking, you can do it at the campsite Les Amandiers.
This campsite offers different types of accommodation:
- Traditional camping accommodation (cottages – € 322)
- Furnished tent-style accommodation (lodges – € 364).
- Chalets on stilts with a stunning view of the Mediterranean sea price starting from € 448.
If you are looking for a pitch, Les Amandiers offers a wide range of unoccupied pitches for tents, campervans, and caravans.
Les Amandiers has a launderette so you don’t have to look for it outside of the campsite. It also has a convenience store to cater to your needs while staying at this campsite.
You can also go to the campsite reception and snack bar area if you need to use the internet as they provide free Wifi in these two areas.
Other facilities offered by Les Amandiers:
- Table tennis
- Single and double kayaks for rental
- Scuba diving and explore the wealth of riches on the Mediterranean seabed
This campsite is a campsite near Collioure that is close to the beach (4 km) and Canet en Roussillon, near Argeles-sur-Mer, Collioure and Saint Cyprien and it is a natural family-friendly environment.
Les Fontaines offers 4 types of accommodation:
- Laurier (37m2) – With air conditioning, 3 bedrooms and can fit up to 8 people
- Camelia (28m2) – With air conditioning, 2 bedrooms and can fit up to 6 people
- Olivier (31m2) – Air conditioning in option, 3 bedrooms and can fit up to 6 people
- Pitches (about 150m2) – Delimited by hedges, has electricity connection (10 Amp) in option and European plug.
Other facilities offered by the campsite:
- An aquatic area with 3 slides
- A children’s pool, a large swimming pool, and a solarium
- Snack bar – you enjoy the pleasant atmosphere with karaoke, dance, and disco. The bar is open from 10 am to midnight.
Throughout your stay, you will be able to join the fun activities organized by the campsite’s team and enjoy archery, football, and volleyball as the campsite is equipped with a sports ground to do those activities. They also have a ping pong table and a petanque table for adults and a playground for children to have fun.
If your children love animals, this campsite has a mini-farm that allows your children to take care of the animals such as dwarf donkeys, sheep, goats, and ponies. The children can also feed the animals if they visit them in the morning.
The distance from this campsite to the beach is only 200m so you can walk there anytime you want!
Camping La Sardane is also a part of an effort to protect nature and they are committed to a quality approach (Quality South of France and Quality Tourism). They have a platform with semi-underground containers, using energy-saving bulbs, production of hot water by solar energy, and products from ecological maintenance. This makes it the perfect choice for all you eco-tourists out there!
This campsite offers pitches surrounded by nature for you to stay in a tent, motorhome, or caravan. Each of the camping pitches is equipped with 10A CCE sockets and they provide modern sanitary facilities for your comfort.
Another Collioure camping site that you can consider is Sunêlia Camping Les Pins. The location of this campsite is just 300m from the 7 km long Pins beach.
Located in the heart of Argelès-Sur-Mer, the campsite is just a few steps away from shops, a craft market, and entertainment nearby. As such, you won’t really need a car.
This campsite has an aquatic area where you can take part in aquabike or aquagym lessons. It also has a playground for the children and a children’s club.
Types of accommodations available:
- Luxury rental
- Mobile Home Rental
- Mobile Home PRM
- Cabane Rental
- Unusual – African style accomodation
If you love traditional camping, you can rent a pitch at this campsite. Their pitches are spacious with a 90m² area. Near the pitches, they provide comfortable sanitary facilities and heated toilets adapted for people with mobility problems.
Other services provided by this campsite:
- A hairdressing salon
- A beauty salon
- A snack bar
- A laundry area.
Camping La Chapelle is one of the oldest campsites near Collioure and everything in this campsite is designed to pair tranquility and leisure. This campsite accepts dogs so you can bring along your pets for this holiday.
Types of accommodation available:
The best part of this campsite is that it is accessible for people with physical disabilities. They have good services and equipment for them. If you have a family member with physical disabilities, then this campsite is for you.
Services and equipments for physical disabled customers:
- Camping pitches for tents and caravan are easily accessed by them
- Ramps everywhere such as at the reception bar and toilet blocks
- Wheelchairs are available at your disposal
- 5 Cabins equipped with a shower, toilet and sink
Activities you can do with your family at the campsite:
- water polo
- French Bowls
They also have a kids club for the children.
You will not be bored while staying at this campsite as there are a lot of activities to do besides exploring the town and nature around the campsite.
Additionally, Camping La Chapelle also has evening entertainment where they organize live concerts Funk, Rock and Reggae, bingo, karaoke, and mini disco for the kids.
All activities are included in your holiday package. That sounds like a good bargain to me!
This campsite is located near Collioure. You can consider staying at Camping Le Soleil as it is one of the best campsites to go when camping in Argelès-Sur-Mer.
Le Soleil campsite is surrounded by the Mediterranean sea and it offers you the charm and friendliness of a small village.
All of the rentals in this campsite are in a well-kept natural setting which serves as the base for various activities such as basketball, mini-golf and French bowls.
You can have fun at a concert at night, spend time on a covered terrace and even dive in the water park. All these activities are just a few steps from your rental.
This campsite has a wide range of rental homes and 3 options of pitches. They also have in-house restaurants, bars, and a mini-market so you will not have to go outside the campsite to look for food or groceries.
The services offered are designed to facilitate your stay as they have a restaurant, a bar, a grocery store, and a Lavomatic, generally known as laundromat. They also provide free wifi so you will not have to worry about the internet connection there.
Facilities provided by the campsite:
- A children’s play area
- Collective barbecues
- A multi-sports
- A petanque area
- 4 direct accesses to the beach
This is a bit further from Collioure, France camping. It is a great choice as they have a wide range of facilities for the campers.
Facilities offered by the campsite:
- A restaurant
- A bar
- A grocery store that sell local produce, regional wines, bread, and Viennese pastries, and other daily needs.
Camping La Marende also has qualified organizers that organize fun activities for kids aged 5 to 17 years old.
Where To Go Camping In Banyuls?
Are you enjoying Camping in Collioure and want to go camping in Banyuls? If so, Municipal Campsite La Pinède is a good choice.
The location of this campsite is only about 800m from the beach. This campsite does not allow you to bring along your pets.
There is a whole range of outdoor activities you can do while staying at this campsite such as windsurfing, sailing, kayaking, mountain biking, and scuba diving.
You can also experience cultural activities like biodiversarium (it is made up of two complementary sites: the Mediterranean Garden located at Mas Reig 3 km from the Aquarium and Mediterranean Aquarium located at the port of Banyuls-sur-Mer) , various vineyards, and the Maillol Museum.
La Pinède offers great service and good facilities throughout your stay and they have a wide choice of accommodation you can choose from. They also provide camping pitches that are spread over 3 different shaded areas.
Things To Do In Collioure
Collioure is a gorgeous seaside town located in the very south of France which is close to the border of Spain. This town is known as the City of Painters because many writers, artists, and poets have always been inspired by this beautiful harbour town.
Once you have decided to spend your holiday camping in Collioure, you might be wondering what to do in Collioure.
Here are some things to do in Collioure to help you plan your holiday.
- Visiting the Modern Art Museum and other art galleries. One of the popular paintings is the Boats at Collioure, don’t miss the chance to see it for yourself.
- Walk along the narrow streets of Moré, the old fishermen’s neighborhood on the seaside.
- Visiting The Château Royal, Tomb of Antonio Machado, Collioure’s Wine Cellar, Notre Dame des Anges, Fort Saint Elme, and Madeloc Tower.
- Hiking one of the best trails in Collioure to enjoy the scenic view.
- Dining in the top restaurants in Collioure: Casa Leon, Le 5eme Peche, Chez Simone and Restaurant Le Neptune.
You can check out this Collioure map to help you look for interesting places to visit and eat. Some of the maps for Collioure are quite confusing. As such, this map will be helpful to you if you want to explore the town.
Tips For Camping In Collioure
- Camping in Collioure is always fully booked when in season. You need to book the accommodation as early as possible to get the best deal for your family.
- Always check on the weather in Collioure if you plan to visit the interesting places there especially if you want to book the activities by the beach. Meteo in Collioure (weather forecast) is available online if you want to plan your holidays.
- If you plan to bring along your pets, confirm with the campsite’s renter on the terms and conditions to avoid miscommunication or any misunderstandings with them.
- You cannot bring more people than you state during the booking process or else you need to book a new accommodation.
- If you come to Collioure with your caravan or motorhome, you can book a taxi in Collioure to commute around the town with Montransport.com and get a cheaper price.
Camping in Collioure is a good choice if your family enjoys camping because most of the campsites here have many options. Whatever you are comfortable with, you are bound to find a camping option for you.
Don’t wait for too long or you will miss the chance to enjoy camping in Collioure and need to wait for the next year!