Looking for the best hiking boots for flat feet?
If you have flat feet like me, then you know all too well what a pain (literally and figuratively) it can be to look for a comfortable and sturdy pair of hiking boots that can provide good arch support and stability.
Without which, any hike, whether long or short, will end up in pain.
In all my experience hiking, the biggest challenge I have faced during walking and hiking is painful feet.
Rain, mud, and grotty camp food can all be tolerated with a smile but painful feet, and I turn into a melodramatic grumpy bear.
Painful feet are a norm for us women and men with flat feet, and I had to search AGES to find the right hiking boots that could cater to my flat feet and keep them happy and pain-free through different weather and terrains. I tested LOADS of hiking shoes and my poor feet had to experience the good, the bad and the great!
Then there’s also the problem that when you do find the right pair, you find it costs a bomb. -_-
If you can relate and you also want a pain-free hike that’s easy on the pocket, check out the list of best hiking boots for flat feet I have found for you below!
Some of the links below are affiliate links and I may earn if you click and buy from them, AT NO EXTRA cost to you. Hope you find the information here useful! Thank you so much.
My Top Recommendations
Best Quality: Merrell Moab 2 Mid Waterproof Hiking Boots
Most Budget-Friendly: Dunham Cloud Men’s Waterproof Boot
Mid Range Compromise: Columbia Women’s Newton Shoes
31 Hiking Boots For Flat Feet
The Merrell Moab 2 Mid Waterproof Hiking Boots are true to the reputation of the best hiking boot for flat feet and overpronation.
A versatile package of durable leathers, a supportive footbed, and Vibram traction perfect for your flat feet condition.
These best men’s hiking boots for flat feet are made of 100% suede leather/mesh for durability and ventilation. They are also made of synthetic soles for good grip and traction on challenging surfaces.
- Waterproof and moisture-wicking
- Molded nylon arch shank for flat feet support
- Bellows and closed-cell foam tongue to keep moisture and dirt out
- Shock-absorbent air cushion for security and protection
- Added stability with 5mm lug depth
- Protective rubber toe cap and breathable mesh lining
- Heel support and contoured footbed with zonal arch addition for added support
- Short lifespan of the tread and sole. Apply leather conditioner at least once a month to avoid this
- Not enough grip and traction on very slippery surfaces, suitable for moderate terrains
The Dunham Cloud Men’s Waterproof Boots are suitable as the best boots for flat feet for various occasions. The leather upper has string seams and laces and a rubber-reinforced toe guard.
The mid-cut collar of these flat foot hiking boots provides ultimate ankle support, and the durable rubber outsoles help keep you grounded on rough terrains.
- Rubber sole for ample grip and traction
- 4.5” shaft measurement from arch for added support
- Adjustable circumference for comfort and flexibility
- Removable ethyl vinyl acetate (EVA) and memory foam footbed plus cradle for stability and comfort
- Not completely waterproof, avoid streaming water and water pools
- Constant jabbing pressure on feet, make sure you sufficiently break in before long hikes
These best hiking boots for flat feet women are made with strong stitching and high-quality materials.
They are constructed with waterproof seams with full-grain leather and suede upper and are designed for long-lasting hiking use.
The Columbia Women’s Newton Ridge Shoes are the stable and secure boots you want on long treks over difficult terrains, as they are one of the best hiking boots for flat feet and overpronation.
They also have a mesh tongue, a scratch rubber heel, and outdoor lace hardware.
- Slip-free movement rubber sole
- 5” Shaft measurement from arch for added support
- Durable and lightweight midsoles for ultimate cushioning and comfort
- Waterproof full-grain leather and long-lasting suede construction
- Durable and breathable mesh tongue
- Lace-up closure for a secure adjustable fit
- Soft suede exterior for comfort
- Solid footing on icy and snowy surfaces from dual-zone winter tread pattern
- Fit smaller than your regular shoe size. Consider sizing up or consulting for the best fit
- Needs regular maintenance by applying leather conditioner and drying after used in wet conditions
The Oboz Bridger Mid Hiking Boots have insoles molded to match the specific construction and shape of every pair of hiking boots made.
Made of nubuck full leather, they are one of the best hiking boots for flat feet women’s providing durability and utmost protection.
These good hiking boots for flat feet also have molded rubber toe caps to protect your toes from trail debris. They come with a heel counter to maintain a comfortable, snug fit.
- Suitable for day hiking
- TPU Chassis improves stability and avoids stone bruising
- Single-density EVA gives comfort and added cushioning
- Outsoles built for added support and protection for hiking
- Waterproof and well-ventilated
- Could hurt your feet after more than 10 wears if you do not maintain properly – try drying and applying leather conditioner to ensure the hiking boots are still comfortable to be worn
- Fit smaller than your regular shoe size, which could cause blisters, so consult for best fit
The REI Co-Op Flash Hiking Boots uppers are made from 99% recycled polyester and are lightweight and durable. The rubber tread provides an anti-slip grip on various terrains with 4mm lugs.
The midsoles are created with algae-based foam to cushion your feet soft like your running shoes. These men’s hiking boots for flat feet have insoles created with podiatrists for comfort and support.
- Durable and supportive uppers for long hours of light hikes
- Molded nylon midfoot shanks give lightweight support, protect your feet, and propel you forward
- Midfoot cradle system made of polyester webbing and lacing for ultimate support
- Adjustable and locked-down fit
- Extra toe space for natural changes (like swelling)
- Too much pressure when worn straight out of the box- need proper breaking in
- The tongue is too long and creates pain, consider sizing up a bit, or take more time to break in
Made of waterproof leather and breathable mesh upper, the KEEN Voyageur Women’s Low Hiking Boots are suitable for beaches, mountains, and city streets.
It’s the overall best women’s hiking boots for flat feet.
If you stain these hiking boots for flat feet womens, treat them by rubbing gum eraser lightly. Gently brush debris and loose dirt with a soft bristle brush or hand towel.
The soles are made of rubber for grip and traction. The uppers repel water, and the mesh increases ventilation.
- High-traction grip from the terrain rubber outsoles suitable for muddy and rocky environments
- Multi-directional 4mm lugs for ultimate traction and security
- Dual density EVA midsole for support and comfort and to reduce boot overall weight
- Lightweight support from the external stability shank
- Cushioned collars reduce discomfort and irritation around your ankles
- Foot sealed in place with reinforced eyelets
- Narrow toe box – consider sizing up a bit or consult for best fit
If you’re into short day hikes, the LOWA Renegade GTX Women’s Flat Feet Hiking Boots are perfect for you.
With a footbed that eliminates moisture, these best women’s hiking boots for flat feet come with a full-length nylon shank and shock-absorbent Vibram soles.
These hiking boots for flat feet also support loads up to 25 pounds. They are also equipped with corded lace-up vamp and speed-lacing grommets uppers.
- 4.75” shaft measurement from arch for added support
- 1.5” heel measurement for stability and protection
- 1” platform measurement to help you propel forward while hiking
- Padded tongues and collars for comfort
- Full-length nylon stabilizing shank for support
- Not wide toed, you might want to get a slightly bigger size for toe comfort
- Could feel bulky and heavy, suitable for light hikes and bringing light backpacks
These best hiking shoes for flat feet are made of breathable mesh and TP for uppers and have traditional lace closure.
The soles are made of rubber for traction gripping. They have the bellow tongue to keep debris out.
The Merrell Women’s Siren Hiking Shoes have contoured insoles for flexible support. Specifically designed for a woman’s foot, you will find yourself fully supported all day long.
- 3D-printed TPU for support and breathable mesh upper
- Plush tongue and collar that provide comfort
- Lace-up closure and heel pull tab for adjustable fit around your ankle
- Contoured insoles to fit foot shape for arch and lightweight support
- Molded nylon arch shank for added support
- The bottoms could get heavy, suitable for light hikes
- The footbed could get lumpy over time, so make sure you maintain by drying properly and not allowing any moisture trapped to avoid this
These best hiking boots for flat feet men’s keep your feet dry and comfortable. They provide great traction control with 4mm lug depth.
The ES shank gives torsional stability for support through various surfaces.
The KEEN Targhee II Mid WP Hiking Boots allow you to hike without wetting your feet with its 100% waterproof nubuck leather. They also have rubber soles for traction grip on various surfaces.
- The waterproof breathable material keeps your feet dry and comfortable all day long
- The leather is treated with PFC-free water repellent to avoid water from flooding the boots
- High-traction grip rubber outsoles suitable for all environments
- Leave no traces indoor with non-marking rubber outsoles
- Added ankle support and balance with External Support Shank (ESS), mid-cut, and contoured heels
- Low-profile upper for secure fit with padded collar and tongue
- The boots could wear off quickly if worn on extreme conditions
- Need regular treatment to last long (apply leather conditioner)
These best hiking boots for wide flat feet are built to carry heavy burdens in hostile mountain ranges. The boots are lightweight, anti-static, and provide ultimate support, traction, and weather protection.
What’s best is that the Salomon Quest 4D 2 GTX has oil- and slip-resistant outsoles as well as puncture-resistant.
As a well-known military personnel footwear, these boots provide stable and durable support in extreme conditions.
- Durable all-around hiking boots for extreme conditions
- Suitable for rough terrains
- Waterproof and lightweight
- Wide toes for comfort if you toes swell
- The boots can get stiff especially out of the box, so break in slowly and properly
- Hurt your feet if not properly broken in
The Skechers Men’s Pelmo Boots are made of 100% leather and have synthetic soles that grip like a glue! These hiking boots for wide flat feet are also comfortable to stand in for a long time.
The hiking boots are waterproof and suitable to be worn in snowy weather. This makes the boots tough and durable.
- Memory foam for comfort cushioning
- Relaxed fit, not too tight
- Synthetic soles for security and slip-free movement
- Ankle high shaft measurement from arch for ultimate support
- 10” boot opening measurement for comfort
- Waterproof and durable
- Warm in cold weather
- Do not last that long on regular rough terrains, suitable on moderate terrains
- Insoles are not durable, might need extra or take out the insoles after every rigid use to eliminate moisture
These hiking shoes for flat feet are made of suede leather and mesh for durability and ventilation.
With man-made soles, the shoes are anti-slip and can stand on slippery surfaces well, as long as you don’t stand in flowing water.
- High-performance suede leather and mesh upper
- Bellows and closed-cell foam tongue to avoid moisture and debris
- Protective rubber toe cap
- 5mm lug depth mesh lining for ventilation and air circulation
- Not waterproof, so avoid wet conditions
These flat feet hiking boots are made of abrasion-resistant mesh and nubuck leather upper for durability and breathability. They also have Vibram soles.
The low-cut boots have the same grip and stability as backpacking boots.
- Comfortable fit by speed lacing system
- Dual-density EVA footbed for support and comfort
- Vibram outsoles for trail traction and slip-free movement
- Removable insoles – can be worn or not (up to you)
- Excellent support, flexibility, and comfort
- Not enough traction on very slippery surfaces
- Small toe box, consider sizing up a bit or consult for best fit
These hiking boots from Timberland are made of 100% premium waterproof leather with seam-sealed construction. They are great looking, comfortable, and durable.
They have gusseted tongues and EVA footbeds and midsoles for comfort and are one of the best hiking shoes flat feet.
The Timberland Men’s White Ledge Mid Waterproof Ankle Boots have rubber soles and 4.75” shaft measurement from arch.
With rustproof speed lace hardware and hooks at the top, expect secure lacing and support.
- Great for various mild conditions
- Seam-sealed construction provides waterproof quality
- Gusseted tongues for long-lasting wear
- Speedy and secure lace-up for security and comfort
- Provides arch support
- Only suitable for casual hikes, not for rough terrains and extreme conditions
These hiking boots for flat feet men’s waterproof are most suitable for extra rough terrains.
They are equipped with safety and comfortable features. They are also good for a day hike, outdoor work, and adventure travel.
The soles are man-made, and the Zamberlan Vioz GT boots are made of full-grain leather.
- Breathable waterproof lining
- Contoured and moisture-wicking flatbed
- Deep-lug rubber soles for traction and durability
- Durable and high-performing rubber outsoles
- Gore-Tex lining to protect your feet from various climates
- Lightweight and breathable
- Great lateral support and freedom of movement
- Soles could detach, so dry after every use on wet terrains
- Not suitable for hiking on steep surfaces
The XPETI Women’s Thermator Mid High-Top Waterproof Outdoor Hiking Boots have molding toe caps and TPU heels to protect your feet.
They have cushioned EVA midsoles for durability, stability, extra support, and comfort. These women’s hiking boots for flat feet are the most suitable to be worn for winter hiking.
- 8” shaft measurement from arch
- Hydroshield membrane waterproof mesh upper to keep your feet cool and dry
- Sturdy even when carrying a load
- EVA midsoles to lessen foot fatigue and absorb shock
- Molded TP heel stabilizer for durability
- Ultimate X-grip and rubber outsoles for higher traction grip
- Fit smaller feet, consider sizing up or consult for best fit
- Padding could wear out, so clean properly
These waterproof hiking shoes are built to adapt to the contours of your feet for greater comfort and stability. They are great hiking boots flat feet.
- A softer cuff makes it comfortable
- Excellent traction and grip from a grippy outsole
- Waterproof and breathable
- Protects the ankle for better stability, but still flexible at the front, so movement is not limited
- Can be a bit narrow for some people
- Can be heavier than other shoes
The Asolo Men’s Fugitive GTX Hiking Boot is meant to carry you through any kind of terrain and still provide comfort and support while keeping your feet dry.
- Durable enough to hike through all sorts of terrain
- GORE-TEX® liners make these boots waterproof yet breathable
- Wide toe box for extra comfort
- Plenty of room to put in your favorite insole
- Can be stiff and rigid
- Soles are the first to come apart
These popular waterproof hiking boots from KEEN are great for long hikes with their comfort and support. They make for some of the best walking shoes for women with flat feet.
- Comfortable enough for a long hike and looks good enough to be worn every day
- Durable and will last you many years
- Waterproof and breathable
- Good arch support for your flat feet
- Doesn’t need much breaking in
- Can be stiff
- Can be heavy
The Lowa Men’s Zephyr GTX Mid Hiking Boot feels very light on the feet and offers good traction on most terrains.
- Waterproof and breathable
- Supportive but still light on the feet, so you can move around quickly
- Outsoles provide good traction on wet, dry, and muddy terrains
- Comfortable out of the box, so you don’t need much time to break them in
- Toe box is narrow
These waterproof best womens hiking boots have the original KEEN wide-toe box and are made to feel as lightweight as a running shoe with the protection and stability of a hiking boot.
- Lightweight but still offers impressive support and stability
- Made of high-quality materials, and will last for many years
- Has a wide fit for extra comfort
- Waterproof and breathable
- Fit runs small, so consider sizing up
- Can be slippery on wet surfaces
If you’re looking for an affordable pair of best hiking boots women that has good traction and looks good, too, then these NORTIV 8 Women’s Waterproof Hiking Boots are for you.
- Affordable and stylish
- Rigid and stiff to provide good support to the ankles, but still comfortable during long hikes
- Easy to clean
- Good traction on all terrains
- Can have hot spots when used in hot weather
These ROCKROOSTER Newland Waterproof Hiking Boots are one of the best hiking shoe for flat feet.
They will support your flat feet on all-day hikes with its shock absorption technology. The bonus is you don’t have to worry about the boots smelling.
- Good arch support for flat feet
- Comfortable on long hikes
- Has a sanitized protective finish to keep your boots smelling fresh
- Comes with a 30-day money back guarantee
- Can feel hot in warmer weather
- Eyelets are not metal, so doesn’t last as long
The insole of these Oboz Sawtooth II Low Hiking Shoe provides good arch support for your flat feet so that you can hike comfortably all day long. They are great hiking shoes flat feet.
- The O Fit insole gives good arch support, and the build of the shoe also supports the heels and ankles well
- Lightweight, but your feet will still feel stable
- Excellent traction in most terrains due to the sawtooth outsoles
- Not waterproof
- Can be heavy
The quality of these Vasque Women’s Talus at Ud Mid Hiking Boot is undeniable. These flat feet hiking shoes will take you through all forms of terrain safely and still keep you comfortable.
- Good support for the arch and ankles during those long hikes
- Lightweight, waterproof, and breathable
- Durable and will last you for many years
- Excellent traction on all surfaces, even wet and icy
- Can run a bit small, so if you’re wearing thick socks, consider sizing up
These Timberland Women’s Mt Maddsen Mid Leather Waterproof Hiking Boot are for those of you who are eco-conscious with its responsibly sourced leather and recycled rubber sole.
It still offers comfort with great arch support as one of the best boots for flat feet and overpronation.
- Excellent arch support from the insole and shank
- Waterproof and lightweight
- Good grip on uneven terrains
- Very comfortable on long hikes with its anti-fatigue technology
- Can be narrow, so consider sizing up
- Not durable
These are an excellent pair of waterproof hiking boots for flat feet men’s that will take you through various terrains with ease.
- Techlite midsole offers cushioning and stability with a flexible arch support
- Excellent traction on most types of terrain, even smooth and wet rocks
- Waterproof and breathable
- Not durable
- Can run narrow, so consider sizing up
These Oboz Men’s Bridger Low B-Dry Waterproof Hiking Shoe are great for flat feet with their excellent arch support and lightweight build.
They are some of the best hiking shoes for flat feet and overpronation.
- The granite peak dual-density EVA midsole and added shank provides good support and cushioning
- Waterproof and breathable
- Excellent arch support from its O Fit insole
- Commendable sturdy build
- Lightweight but sturdy enough to endure rugged terrain
- Not the best traction for slippery trails
If you’re looking for hiking shoes for flat feet women’s that are comfortable, tough, and still lightweight, have a look at the Asolo Women’s Falcon GV.
- Comfortable right out of the box, no break-in needed
- Very lightweight for day hiking
- Waterproof and breathable
- Shallow lugs means the soles will be the first to wear out
- Slippery on loose and icy terrain
These lightweight Manfen Women’s Hiking Boots are one of the best boots for flat feet women’s hiking.
They will keep you comfortable on long hikes and attract a few compliments along the way.
- Good arch and ankle support for your flat feet on long hikes
- Stylish design
- Waterproof, lightweight, and breathable
- Keeps the feet warm during winter hikes
- Runs small, so you have to size up
- Can be stiff at first, so take the time to break them in
There’s a reason why Merrell hiking boots are so popular as the best hiking boots flat feet. They offer comfort, support, and durability at a price point that is affordable for most people.
- A good combination of weight and comfort
- A great warm-weather shoe because of its ventilation
- Durable and made to last for many years
- Not waterproof
- Traction is average on rock and mud
Types of Flat Feet
Flat feet or pes planus is a condition where your foot arches touch the floor when you’re standing up.
There are several conditions related to flat feet, which are neutral or pronation, overpronation, and underpronation.
- Neutral Pronation occurs when your foot moves from side to side when you walk or run. This condition can also occur when you’re standing, and the term pronation refers to how much your foot rolls inward toward the arch.
- Overpronation or pronation happens when the foot rolls too far inward toward the arch.
- Underpronation, or supination, happens when the foot rolls too far outward from the arch.
From the brief descriptions above, hopefully, you can identify which type of flat feet you have. However, do not be alarmed. Having flat feet does not mean you can’t do vigorous activities like hiking.
You only have to find a suitable pair of flat foot hiking shoes for ultimate comfort. For your convenience, just refer to the list above.
Things To Consider When Choosing The Best Hiking Boots
Before choosing the best walking boots for flat feet, you should tick the checklist below carefully. Make sure all these characteristics are fulfilled before you buy.
Cushioning is very important at the midsole of walking boots for flat feet. This is good for arch support and especially if you have fallen arches.
2.Support For Ankle And Arch
Hiking boots for flat feet with ample ankle support would be a good choice to avoid overpronating stride.
The pressure on the ankles that roll too far outward can cause tremendous discomfort. Hence, hiking boots with good ankle support will keep your feet in a neutral stride.
Hiking boots of good quality are a must to maintain their supportive structure and stay in shape for long and active uses.
For a longer, comfortable hiking journey, hiking boots should not be too tight or too loose.
If you have flat feet, they tend to be wide, so choosing tight hiking boots will cause more pressure and stress on your feet.
On the other hand, loose hiking boots would create more friction, leading to more chafing and movement, causing blisters!
It is also possible to have narrow flat feet. Be sure to carefully measure your foot and gain the correct fitting so you can find your best hiking boots for narrow flat feet.
5.Grip and Traction
Hiking boots with good grip and traction should help you maintain your stability. It also avoids slipping mid-hike and keeps you grounded.
Deep and multi-directional lugs for the outsole are good to ensure good traction. Anything above 4mm or more is great for you.
6.Insulation and Breathability
Hiking on different challenging surfaces requires hiking boots with good insulation and breathability. Without them, you might suffer blisters.
It is always good to wear waterproof hiking boots to avoid water from coming in. This should avoid blisters which could further cause you discomfort.
8. For Neutral Pronation
Neutral pronation occurs when your foot naturally rolls around 15 percent inward and absorbs the shock. This allows your legs and ankles to be correctly aligned.
Compared to other pronation types, this causes you to be less prone to regular injuries.
If you’re in this category, you need hiking shoes that emphasize stability and balanced insole cushion.
For overpronation, where your foot rolls inward, you need hiking boots that are durable and have cushions toward the inside. This provides you with ample support so your feet will stay supported.
If you’re in the underpronation or supination group, you need a sturdy and lightweight outward sole for your foot that rolls too far outward. This will give you more support and protection.
Taking Care Of Your Hiking Boots
To keep your hiking boots longer lasting and stay durable, you can try these tips:
- Slowly break into your leather hiking boots. Never immediately put wax on them. Before going on long hikes, go on shorter ones first. Let them get a little lighter and more pliable from the sun and uses.
- Make sure they are dry and clean. You can clean off the mud by hosing them down with water and brushing them off. Place them in a warm room or a dryer. Never put them near a heater, or it will melt the soles and crack the leather.
- Remove the insoles after each use. Wet insoles could cause the hiking boots to become smelly and dirty. Letting them out overnight should do it.
- Keep them waterproof. You can do this by applying a thin layer of waterproof agent. Just do this periodically, not all the time.
FAQs On Hiking Boots For Flat Feet
How To Deal With Flat Feet While Hiking?
When you’re a hiker with flat feet, you are prone to have arch support issues. Hence, wearing good hiking boots for flat feet should help you overcome it since they are equipped with midsole/outsole cushioning for extra comfort and support.
How To Make My Boots More Comfortable?
There are several ways that you can do this:
- Regularly wear them on short hikes first before going on longer hikes.
- Wear them with double socks, which should help stretch and break in your boots faster.
- Apply heat on leather boots gently. You can use a hair dryer on low heat to do this. Do not heat it too much, or you will damage the boots.
How To Pick The Right Size?
Measure the circumference by wrapping a string or a measuring tape around your foot at the widest part (usually the bunion joint). There may be variations in foot sizes, so do this for both feet. Your size is typically the length plus 1 inch for most manufacturers. You can refer to this video for reference.
Should Hiking Boots Have Arch Support?
This is a definite yes! An important part of the right fit is proper arch support. The best hiking boots will hold your foot securely and perfectly fit your feet. You should also consider the weight, boot flex, outsole tread, and breathability.
Are Boots Good For Flat Feet?
This is a yes! Ample arch support should be in an ideal hiking boots for flat feet. They should also have high ankles, keep you warm, and have supportive soles.
Make sure you choose a pair that fits appropriately.
What Walking Boots Are Best For Flat Feet?
These walking boots are best for flat feet due to their support and stability:
- Merrell Moab 2 Mid Waterproof Hiking Boots
- Dunham Cloud Men’s Waterproof Boot
- Columbia Women’s Newton Shoes
- KEEN Women’s Targhee 3 Mid Height Waterproof Hiking Boots
- Oboz Sawtooth II Low Hiking Shoe
- Vasque Women’s Talus at Ud Mid Hiking Boot
Can People With Flat Feet Go Hiking?
Yes, people with flat feet can go hiking, but they need to take some precautions to prevent pain and injury from overpronation. Look for hiking boots that have proper arch support and stability. Consider getting a custom insole made for added comfort. Take breaks often to prevent fatigue, and choose trails with an even terrain.
Are Merrell Hiking Shoes Good For Flat Feet?
Merrell hiking shoes are popular and generally good for people with flat feet. Many Merrell shoes for flat feet have contoured insoles for comfortable cushioning and good arch support. They are also made with high-quality materials and proven durable and supportive during long hikes across most terrains. The Merrell Moab 2 Mid Waterproof Hiking Boots is the best quality hiking boot for flat feet.
What Are The Best Hiking Boots For Women?
These are the best hiking boots for women that provide comfort and support without sacrificing style:
- Scarpa Rush 2 Mid GTX
- Salomon Women’s X Ultra 4 Mid GTX
- Merrell Moab 3 Mid Waterproof Hiking Boots
- Lowa Renegade GTX Mid
- La Sportiva Ultra Raptor II Mid GTX
If you have flat feet, check out this list of best hiking shoes for women with flat feet.
How Hiking Boots Should Fit?
Hiking boots should fit snugly everywhere without being too tight. You should have enough room to wiggle your toes, and your heels shouldn’t move around when you walk. It’s important to try them on at the end of the day when your feet are at their largest while wearing the socks you plan to wear hiking.
What Are The Best Hiking Boots?
These are some of the best hiking boots available for men and women. The best hiking boot for you will depend on your needs, preferences, and budget.
- Salomon Quest 4 Gore-Tex
- La Sportiva Ultra Raptor II Mid GTX
- Merrell Moab 3 Mid Waterproof
- Scarpa Rush 2 Mid GTX
- Vasque Breeze AT Mid GTX
What Heel Shape Is Best For Flat Feet?
The best heel shape for flat feet is a chunky heel or a wedge heel. Generally, a lower heel with good arch support, as flat feet need more stability and support to reduce pain and discomfort. Chunky heels and wedge heels can prevent overpronation as the weight is distributed more evenly across the foot.
Are Wide Boots Better For Flat Feet?
Yes, wide boots are generally better for flat feet. People with flat feet tend to apply more pressure to the toe area and should avoid shoes with a narrow toe box that will cramp the toes. Wide boots provide more room for the toes to spread out. This stable base can help to prevent pain and discomfort when walking.
All in all, the best hiking boots for flat feet are those with comfortable shanks and ankle support. These are the best.
But you can do trial and error to see what’s best for your condition. Hope the list above helps you find the best hiking shoes for flat feet womens!
- Best Hiking Shirts For Hot Weather [ For Women And Men]
- Best Lightweight Long Sleeve Hiking Shirt Womens
- 21 Best Women’s Leggings For Hiking In 2023
- 11 Best Hiking Underwear For Men And Women
- 13 Barefoot Hiking Boots That Are Super Comfy In 2023!
- Work Boots vs. Hiking Boots: Which Ones Do You Need?
- 15 Best Hiking Boots for Weak Ankles [Men + Women] 2023
- 19 Best Hiking Tights To Keep You Comfy On Your Hike
- 10 Best Hiking Underwear For Women [2023 Update]
- 15 Best Hiking Jackets For Women [2023 Update]
- 11 Best Budget Hiking Pants of 2023
- Can You Wear Hiking Shoes Everyday? (Factors to Consider)