Looking for some fun indoor activities in Perth?
We know Perth is renowned for its sunshine and beautiful beach weather but there’s no need to be bored on a rainy day! Rug up and get out and explore! Perth has SO many FUN indoor activities to suit everyone.
From family friendly adventures like ice- skating to an intimate, adults only jazz gig Perth local, Bonnie Eckersley rounded up the top 27 indoor activities in Perth for you!
Affiliate Link Disclosure
Some of the links below are affiliate links, meaning that at no additional cost to you, I will receive a commission if you click through and make a purchase. For more information, read our full affiliate disclosure.
Related Posts on Travel In Australia:
- Best Hikes in Perth
- Essential Guide to Fruit Picking Jobs in Perth
- Choosing The Best Backpacker Insurance in Australia (2022)
- Fruit Picking Jobs In Adelaide (A Unique Guide)
- How To Make Money While Travelling Australia [27 Ways!]
Here are the best 27 indoor activities in Perth. There are educational, historical and cultural activities. Fun, fitness and adventure activities and of course some relaxation and indulging things to do as well!
5) Boola Bardip
6) RAC Arena
11) Palace Arcade
13) Perth Ice Arena
15) Holey Moley Golf
16) Amplifier Bowl
21) DFO Perth
23) Planet books
25) Jazz Cellar
27) Crown Casino
Cultural, Historical And Educational
1) The Perth Mint
The Perth Mint is a unique tourist attraction in the heart of the city.
It is an absolute stand out amongst things to do on a rainy day in Perth. It is an award winning educational experience and is worth paying for a tour. You’ll even get to see the world’s largest Gold Bullion Coin weighing a whopping ONE TONNE!
- Cost $18 ($13USD) per adult and $8 ($5USD) per child (4-15 years).
- Open Daily excluding public holidays but book tour times ahead to avoid disappointment.
2) Art Gallery Of WA
The Art Gallery of WA is one of our favorite things to do indoor activities in Perth.
It is an impressive blend of art and culture in a modern, minimalist building. Located in the center of Perth with free access to CAT buses and an onsite bar and cafe, visiting AGWA makes for an easy AND FUN day out.
- Cost is FREE however donations are encouraged and gratefully accepted.
- Open 10am-5pm Daily, excluding Tuesdays, Good Friday and Christmas Day.
3) His Majesty’s Theatre
Visiting His Majesty’s Theatre is one of the most fun indoor activities in Perth for adults!
With regular events including comedy shows, live theatre, ballet and even a murder mystery dinner there’s sure to be something to suit everyone!
4) City Of Perth Library
This is more than just a library!
The City of Perth Library is also a historical centre and resource center and is well loved by the community including residents, workers, tourists and students. You can read and borrow books, relax, study, research or enjoy the cafe.
- Open Monday – Friday (8am – 6pm) Saturday (10am – 4pm) Sunday (2pm – 4pm)
- Entry is free
5) WA Museum Boola Bardip
This is one of the most rewarding rainy day activities in Perth.
Visiting the WA Museum Boola Bardip is a truly special way to immerse yourself in the history and stories of Western Australian people and places.
- Open Daily 9:30am – 5pm exc Good Friday and Christmas Day
- Cost is FREE
6) RAC Arena
Perth’s home of entertainment! RAC Arena hosts huge sporting events, concerts, comedy shows and festivals.
Be sure to check out their “What’s On” page to stay up to date so you don’t miss out!
- Pricing and opening hours vary depending on the event. Tickets and times available online.
This is one of our top FUN indoor activities in Perth! Conveniently located in West Perth, Scitech is great for all ages but especially for curious children.
Scitech playfully explores the wonderful ingenuity and workings behind mathematical concepts, technology, science, engineering and MORE.
Scitech also has a unique planetarium which is the biggest in the southern hemisphere!
- Open Daily 10am – 4pm.
- Cost is $19 ($14USD) per adult and $12 ($9USD) per child (4-17 years).
8) AQWA (The Aquarium Of WA)
What a wonderful experience you will have at AQWA!
Located in the beautiful area of Hillary’s about half an hour north of Perth, AQWA is an underwater wonderland.
AQWA features “Shipwreck Tunnel” which is the largest single Aquarium in Australia and is a sanctuary to many species of Western Australian Sea Life.
- Open daily 9am – 4pm
- Cost is from $18 ($15USD)
9) Fremantle Prison Tour
Prepare to be spooked!
Calling all convicts – have you had a family member imprisoned here?
Fremantle Prison is one of the most historical and iconic places to visit in Perth. Fremantle is about 40 minutes south of Perth on the coast and is well known for its unique port and historical buildings.
The prison housed convicts since 1855!
And only ceased operating in 1991. To really immerse yourself in the rich history of this iconic jail, we suggest booking a torchlight tour.
But, be warned… These tours encompass tales of loneliness, desperation and suffering and may feature a ghastly ghost story or two.
- Open Daily 9am – 5pm exc Good Friday and Christmas Day (night tours wed and fri)
- Cost varies depending on tour booked starting at $22 ($16USD) per adult and $12 ($9USD) per child
Fun, Fitness And Adventure
10) Aventuur Surfpark
This 80 million dollar Aventuur Surf Park is going to be the largest in the Southern Hemisphere!
Located near Cockburn about twenty minutes south of Perth it’s going to have everything you can think of!
The main drawcard will be a wave park however there will be plenty to do indoors with a huge well appointed wellness center, beach club, restaurants and a resort!
- COMING SOON! So keep an eye on their website and you’ll be the first to know.
11) The Palace Arcade
Retro Cool is how we’d describe the Palace Arcade!
There are three convenient locations in Northbridge, Victoria Park and Fremantle so pick the place to suit you.
It is a hole in the wall type venue packed to the brim with 70’s and 80’s arcade games.
With a menu sporting pizzas, burgers and diner style favorites like mac and cheese bites you can’t go wrong. We reckon this is a perfect, fun date spot.
12) Girls School Cinema
Having recently undertaken a massive renovation the Perth Girls School cinema is making a huge comeback!
You can currently see movies in the iconic main hall and the venue is home to ‘ARTRAGE’ as part of Perth Fringe festival.
The works have been completed in conjunction with the heritage council so the huge and iconic building is here to stay!
- Opening hours and prices depend on the event so be sure to check for tickets online
13) Perth Ice Arena
Perth Ice Arena is located about half an hour north of Perth in Malaga.
It is an awesome venue that caters to lovers of ice-hockey, ice skating for novices and figure skating for those with a bit more experience!
They host parties and events and have a skating academy as well! Constructed with the latest in ice technology it is really user friendly and safe.
- Opening hours vary! Check for session times and events online
- Cost for general skating including skates is $20 ($15USD) per person. Group discounts apply
14) IFLY Perth Indoor Skydiving
Wow! What a unique and exciting venue!
This is 100% one of the things to do in Perth indoors! I mean, did you even visit Perth if you didnt go to iFly?
iFly is a safe and fun activity for flyers as young as three years old and there is no upper age limit! Rumor has it folks over 100 years old have flown with iFly.
You don’t need any experience to fly at iFly and your instructor will take you through a tutorial before you get in the air.
Each experience gives you about half an hour in the air but you can purchase extra minutes if you’re not ready to come back down to Earth!
- Open Daily including Public Holidays! Monday – Friday (9am – 9:30pm) Saturday (8am – 9:30pm) Sunday (8am – 7:30)pm
- Cost starts from $80 ($57) per person but there are different tiers of packages available.
15) Holey Moley Golf
Holey Moley Golf has two fantastic locations in Perth.
Fremantle and Karrinyup, both are about twenty minutes drive out of the city. Holey Moley will have you winding your way around 18 uniquely themed putt putt holes keeping you busy for hours.
Holey Moley Golf is the perfect family fun day out, epic kids party location or good fun date night! It ticks all the boxes really.
- Open daily Monday – Thursday (11am – 10pm) Friday (11am – midnight) Saturday (10am – midnight) Sunday (10am – 10pm)
- Cost starts from $14 ($10USD) per adult and $10 ($7USD) per child
16) Amplifier Bowl
Amplifier Bowl is the funkiest bowling venue in Perth. With three bowling alleys tucked into a retro room within Amplifier Bar and nightclub.
See a gig and go bowling at the same time. Known for their rocking gigs, Amplifier can really put on a show.
Given the nightclub venue, this activity is adults only. Beers, bowls and rock n roll!
- Open Fridays and Saturday nights from 8pm
- Cost starts from just $5! ($2USD)
17) Rockface Indoor Rock Climbing
Rockface Indoor Rock Climbing is an amazing rock climbing and ropes centre in Balcatta, about twenty minutes north of Perth.
This place offers a fun and exhilarating all over body workout for all ages! There are over 100 climbs, 26 ropes and a bouldering wall!
It is great for building confidence and caters to complete beginners as well as advanced climbers.
- Open weekdays (12pm – 8pm) and weekends (9am – 6pm)
- Cost starts from $33 ($23USD) per adult and $28 ($23USD) per child (3 – 11 years old) with gear included
18) The Pottery Playroom
Now this could very well be the best indoor play centre in Perth!
Why? You ask?
Well, it’s just so unique!
Yes they have a soft space enclosed play area with all the equipment your kids know and love but they ALSO offer pottery! Isn’t that awesome.
Your kids can get crafty making their own special keepsakes for loved ones. You can even do your baby’s hand and foot keepsakes here.
No experience is required and the studio is completely kid friendly.
The Pottery Playroom also specialize in children’s parties and group events which is just another fantastic reason as to why we think they are our top indoor play center in Perth!
Relaxing And Indulging
19) Karrinyup Shopping Centre
Karrinyup Shopping Centre is the recently renovated and expanded shopping MECCA in Perth.
All of your favorite stores are here showcasing the best in fashion, lifestyle, sports, kids items and more!
There are also oodles of entertainment options, cafes, restaurants, play centers and even live music!
This is far more than your average shopping center and definitely offers the most diversity of indoor things to do in Perth in one awesome place!
- Open Monday – Saturday (9am – 5:30pm) and Sundays (11am – 5pm)
- Cost… well depends how much you do and buy! Entry is free
20) Bohdi Day Spa
Ah well here we go! Who doesn’t love a luxurious day spa. This is one of the best things to do in Perth on a rainy day because well… getting pampered is not weather dependent!
Treatments range from individual beauty treatments right through to five hours of indulgent spa packages. This is the perfect treat for yourself or a loved one.
- Opening hours and pricing varies depending on the center and treatment. Be sure to check online or enquire when booking.
21) DFO Perth
DFO Perth is a huge new center located near the Perth Airport making it the perfect stop off if you’ve just arrived in Perth. It offers a huge array of fashion and homewares stores but what really sets it apart is the amount of outlet stores!
This means you can always find a bargain.
- Open Daily from 10am – 6pm
- Entry is free (shopping is not, but its cheap!)
22) Fremantle Markets
The Fremantle Markets are the original and the best public marketplace in Perth.
Here you’ll find a bustling and vibrant vibe, fresh local produce, indigenous and independent products, live music and more!
The markets are an ever evolving eclectic mix of traders but still pay homage to the history of the marketplace and of Fremantle. This is not a place to miss when in Perth!
- Open Friday, Saturday and Sundays 8am – 6pm
- Entry is free but be sure to support the buskers and stallholders
23) Planet Books
This is an iconic store located in Mount Lawley, about ten minutes north of Perth.
Planet books is a treasure trove of wonderful stories to suit all ages no matter your taste!
Planet books first opened back in 1990 and has been known to stock Perth’s best range of rare and unusual titles, best sellers, books, cards, gifts and games ever since.
- Open Sunday – Wednesday (9am – 9pm) and Thursday – Saturday (9am – 10pm).
- Entry is free
24) Pinot and Picasso
The name says it all!
This is one of our favorite Perth rainy day activities. Pinot and Picasso events operate creative workshops in Perth which is an amazing way to spend an evening with friends!
Different sessions are available so you can choose one to suit you and you get to take home a masterpiece! Sessions last about three hours and include all materials and you just take your drinks and snacks! Grazing platters can be purchased as an extra.
- Session dates and times vary or you can book a private function.
- Prices vary but start from $59 ($42 USD) per adult.
25) Jazz Cellar
Step back in time in this authentic speakeasy style underground bar.
The Jazz Cellar is an iconic bar with 1920’s vibes and the popular Corner House Jazz band playing swing, jazz and Charleston.
It feels intimate from the very start with its unique entry via an old red telephone box!
- Open Friday nights from 5:30pm with the band on from 7:30-10:30pm
- Tickets are $30 ($25USD) each and can be booked two weeks in advance.
26) Swan Valley Winery Tour
The Swan Valley is a beautiful and world class wine region located about an hour from Perth.
Swan Valley tours provide the perfect solution to exploring the region, enjoying wonderful wine tastings and indulging in a long lunch.
You’ll visit wineries, micro breweries, cheese and chocolate factories from the comfort of a modern tour bus with a local guide sharing their knowledge with you.
- Tours operate Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Wednesday (seasonal)
- Cost varies depending on the tour booked but starts from $130 ($92USD) per adult.
27) Crown Casino and Resort
Kids can stay and play at the resort but the Casino itself is for 18+ only.
- The resort and casino are open daily 24/7. Restaurant opening times vary.
What Can You Do On A Rainy Day In Perth?
There are lots of things to do on a rainy day with kids in Perth. Some fun ideas you could choose to do are indoor play centers or toddler gyms, your local library, DIY Bunnings workshops or just rug up, pull your gumboots on and head out to a Nature Playground.
What Are 3 Good Inside Activities To Do On A Rainy Day?
We’ve thought of about 25 rainy day activities you can enjoy at home but our top three are
- Have a dance party with your favorite music. Let everyone choose a song!
- Have a family board games night, careful, this could get competitive
- Do a Jigsaw puzzle.. 500 pieces or maybe even 1000.
What Are Indoor Activities For Adults?
Some of our favorite indoor activities for adults include taking a virtual cooking class, putting together a photo book or even creating a vision board! How amazing it is that you can learn something new or motivate yourself to achieve a goal all from the comfort of your cozy home!
What Do You Do On A Wet And Windy Day?
Don’t let some wintery weather hinder your fun! There are lots of fun things to do on a rainy day including these top three activities.
- Singing and dancing! Your neighbors won’t worry if you’re a little tone deaf.
- Journal writing.
- Learn another language. You’ve always wanted to, right?
Perth is a beautiful city all year round. There is something to offer everyone whether you’re a born and bred local, a visiting tourist, a large family or a solo adventurer!
To keep you busy on a rainy day there are SO MANY cultural, historical, fun and adventurous indoor activities in Perth. Our guide has covered them all! All you need is a sense of adventure, our guide to the 27 best indoor activities in Perth and perhaps an umbrella… Just in case.
We know you will have THE MOST FUN in Perth even when the grey clouds set in. So don’t let the rain dampen your spirits and get out there and explore the beautiful city of Perth!