Going on a road trip with your partner? Check out these 197 road trip questions for couples to keep you entertained throughout the entire car ride.
There’s nothing as exciting as going on a road trip with your partner. However, when driving long distances, you can’t help but want to make use of your time together and make the road trip memorable.
Going through these road trip questions for couples will without a doubt provide you with plenty of conversations to talk about.
In this article, Rana Hesham who travels the country with her partner is going to provide you with lots of fun, entertaining and engaging road trip conversation topics for couples that you can use for long car drives.
Make sure you make it to the end of the article as she will also share a bunch of road trip quizzes for couples if you want to take things up a notch.
Affiliate Link Disclosure
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links, meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no extra cost to you.
Top 5 Road Trip Essentials
1. It goes without saying you need a portable Charger on every road trip to keep all your devices charged.
2. Bringing sunglasses with you is a must on a road trip to avoid the sun from stinging your eyes. This way you will get to drive safely and enjoy the scenery.
3. Having a cooler box is important to keep your drinks, foods, and snacks fresh throughout the ride.
4. It is always a good idea to have a first aid kit around for emergencies.
5. Sunscreen is also important to avoid getting sunburnt when driving.
Road Trip Conversation Starters For Couples
Sometimes trying to come up with car ride conversations for couples to talk about could be difficult, especially during long car rides.
That is why I have compiled a list of questions for road trips couples could use to help you and your partner get started on some interesting conversations.
1. What is your favorite dish/meal?
2. What is your favorite outdoor activity?
3. What do you do to relax?
4. What are five things you can’t live without?
5. What do you think is your best quality?
6. Do you have any phobias?
7. What are your favorite movies?
8. What are your favorite TV shows?
9. What was your most embarrassing moment?
10. What is the strangest dish you have ever tried?
11. Are you an early bird or a night owl?
12. Which holiday do you love the most?
13. What talents do you wish you had?
14. What is your favorite song?
Road Trip Questions For New Couples
If you and your partner are a new couple and this is your first road trip together, these couples road trip questions below can be used as an ice breaker if you are still getting to know one another.
15. What is your relationship dealbreaker?
16. How many close friends do you have?
17. What is the worst date you’ve ever been on?
18. What was your first impression of me when we first met?
19. How many kids do you want in the future?
20. What is your dream job?
21. What are your hobbies or activities during your free time?
22. What are some of your healthy habits?
23. What are some of your unhealthy habits?
24. What moment in your life are you most proud of?
25. What does a perfect date look like to you?
26. How many valuable relationships have you had in the past?
27. How many times have you been in love?
28. How would you describe yourself in three words?
Road Trip Questions For Married Couples
If you are traveling with your husband or wife and want to have some meaningful conversations on the road, these questions to ask your spouse on a road trip will give you just that.
You might also be surprised with what more you could learn about your spouse even after years into the marriage.
29. What other countries would you have chosen as our honeymoon destination?
30. If you had three wishes for our future, what would they be?
31. What have you learned to appreciate about me that you did not know when we were first married?
32. What is your favorite thing about being married?
33. What were some things we used to do before we were married that you miss now?
34. What is your favorite memory of our wedding day?
35. What do you imagine us doing in 5 years’ time?
36. How do you imagine our lives in 10 years?
37. What traits of mine do you wish our child could have?
38. What kind of house do you imagine us owning?
39. How has our marriage changed over the years?
40. What is your idea of a successful marriage?
41. What marriage advice would you give to your pre-married self?
42. What was the hardest thing about marriage?
Road Trip Questions For Family
Family road trips are always special as you get to bond even more with your kids or other family members. However, if you are road-tripping with kids, it can be hard to keep them entertained.
This list of road trip questions for family will get you covered during the entire car ride.
If you’re looking for a more interactive game for your kids, this scavenger hunt card game will always be a hit for every family road trip.
43. If you were given the chance to change your name, what would you name yourself?
44. What is your best family vacation memory?
45. What countries would you love to visit for a family vacation?
46. What activities do you enjoy best with your family?
47. If you were granted three wishes, what would you wish for?
48. If you could set one family rule, what would it be and why?
49. If you could get rid of one family rule, what would it be and why?
50. Who would you go hiking with, your mom or dad?
51. If you were given the chance to go on a cruise with one family member, who would you choose?
52. Who is the funniest among your family?
53. How would you describe your family in one word?
54. What do you want to be when you grow up?
55. Which animal are you most afraid of?
56. Are you more like your mom or dad?
Road Trip Questions To Ask About Childhood
There’s no better time to get to know more about your significant other’s childhood than on a road trip!
These childhood road trip questions for couples are very wholesome to ask and it will be a good time to take a walk down memory lane with your partner.
57. What is your favorite childhood memory?
58. What is your least favorite childhood memory?
59. What was your childhood like?
60. What did you want to be when you were a kid?
61. Who was your role model growing up?
62. How close are you to your siblings/family?
63. What was your favorite meal growing up?
64. Do you currently have any friends that you have known since childhood?
65. What games or activities did you do when growing up?
66. What was your all-time favorite movie as a child?
67. Who was your favorite teacher?
68. What was your favorite and least favorite subject in school?
69. Who was your childhood best friend?
70. Did you have any family traditions growing up?
Road Trip Relationship Questions For Couples
These road trip questions for couples are the best questions to ask your significant other to bring you closer to one another and strengthen your relationship.
71. What strengths do I bring to our relationship?
72. What is one thing you would want to improve in our relationship?
73. What are the things you want us to achieve as a couple?
74. What made you want to ask me out on a date?
75. What does a successful relationship look like to you?
76. Do you imagine us getting married in the future?
77. What do you like most about our relationship?
78. What things do we have in common?
79. What do you think is your love language?
80. How do you define cheating?
81. How would you deal with conflicts in a relationship?
82. How long did your longest relationship last?
83. What is a lesson that you learned from your previous relationship?
84. How has being in a relationship with me changed you?
Romantic Road Trip Questions For Couples
If you are looking for intimate and romantic questions to ask your husband on a road trip or your wife, these questions will help you have quality conversations with your partner and keep the spark alive.
85. What is the most romantic movie you have ever seen?
86. What do you admire the most about me?
87. What does a romantic getaway look like to you?
88. What is the most romantic thing we have done?
89. How do I make you feel when I am around?
90. What is one thing that I do that makes you feel loved?
91. Is there a song that reminds you of me?
92. What is your favorite form of physical affection?
93. What is your favorite part of my body?
94. What made you fall in love with me?
95. What is your favorite memory of us?
96. How would you describe me in three words?
97. How did you feel about our first kiss?
98. What is your favorite intimate memory of us?
Fun Road Trip Questions For Couples
This list contains fun questions to ask your spouse on a road trip that will crack a smile on their face and keep you entertained throughout the car ride.
99. If you could get rid of one vegetable, what would it be?
100. What is one meal you could eat for the rest of your life?
101. What animal would you like to be and why?
102. If you could be any movie character, who would you want to be?
103. Who is your celebrity crush?
104. Would you rather live 100 years in the future or 100 years in the past?
105. If you won the lottery, what would you buy first?
106. If you could speak three languages, what would they be and why?
107. If you had one day to live, what would you do?
108. If we could have two pets, what would they be?
109. If you could have one superpower, what would you choose?
110. Would you rather lose your sense of taste or smell?
111. Would you rather be invisible or be able to read minds?
112. What is the dumbest joke you have ever heard?
- 165 Road Trip Quotes For Instagram To Make You Insta-Famous
- Best 37 Gifts For Road Trips
- The Only Road Trip Food List You’ll Ever Need
- The Best Japan Onsen For Couples (21 Romantic Options!)
- 31 Best Travel Gifts For Couples
- Best Short Getaway In Malaysia For Couples
- How To Make Passive Income While Traveling (38 Ways I’ve Tried!)
Deep Road Trip Questions For Couples
Here’s a list of deep road trip couple questions that are perfect for engaging in meaningful conversations and connecting on a deeper level.
113. What is the best advice you ever received?
114. What was a mistake that you made in your previous relationship?
115. What is your biggest regret in life?
116. How do you keep going during hard times in your life?
117. If you could go back in time, what would you change about your life?
118. What do you fear the most in life?
119. What makes you angry the most?
120. When was the last time you cried?
121. What makes you laugh the most?
122. If you could go back in time, what year would you go to and why?
123. What are your pet peeves?
124. What is one thing that you consider to be unforgivable?
125. What is your biggest fear for our relationship?
126. Do you consider yourself a good person?
Travel Questions For Couples
You can also choose to pass time by asking road trip questions for couples that are travel-related. Here are some ideas on what to ask your partner:
127. What is your least favorite thing about traveling?
128. If there was one item you could bring with you on a road trip, what would you choose?
129. Which country would you love to visit the most as a couple?
130. How many countries do you want to travel to?
131. What are your top 5 countries you would love to visit?
132. What are the countries you would be less excited about visiting?
133. What was your most memorable experience when you were traveling?
134. Which country has the best cuisine that you ate when traveling?
135. What countries would you want to travel to for a romantic getaway?
136. What was your least favorite destination when traveling?
137. What do you love about traveling the most?
138. Which method of traveling do you prefer?
139. If you were allowed to live in one country for the rest of your life, where would you go?
140. What unpleasant experiences have you encountered while traveling?
Never Have I Ever Road Trip Questions For Couples
This list of couples questions to ask on a road trip is a great way to have some fun with your partner. It will also help you get to know more about your partner’s experiences.
141. Never have I ever gone through a partner’s phone
142. Never have I ever gone skinny dipping
143. Never have I ever done something illegal or broke the law
144. Never have I ever lied to my parents about my whereabouts
145. Never have I ever spied on my neighbors
146. Never have I ever forgotten my partner’s birthday
147. Never have I ever forgotten somebody’s name on a date
148. Never have I ever been chased by an animal
149. Never have I ever been on a blind date
150. Never have I ever walked into the wrong bathroom
151. Never have I ever lied to impress someone
152. Never have I ever peed my pants laughing
153. Never have I ever broken someone’s valuable item
154. Never have I ever lied about my age on a date
Who Is Most Likely Questions For Couples
If you are looking for something different, these road trip questions for couples are a fun way to know what your significant other thinks of you.
155. Who is most likely to take long when getting ready?
156. Who is most likely to spend a lot of money shopping?
157. Who is most likely to exercise every day?
158. Who is most likely to forget an anniversary?
159. Who is most likely to be a good cook?
160. Who is most likely to burn a cake when baking?
161. Who is most likely to fall asleep while watching a movie?
162. Who is most likely to save their money?
163. Who is most likely to win an argument over which movie or show to watch?
164. Who is most likely to embarrass themselves?
165. Who is most likely to steal the blankets in bed?
166. Who is most likely to cry watching a movie?
167. Who is most likely to wake up grumpy in the morning?
168. Who is most likely to be the first to one ready for a trip?
Yes Or No Questions For Couples
This list below contains simple yet fun yes or no questions for couples that you can ask your partner during long road trips.
169. Have you ever dumped someone over a text?
170. Have you ever been friend zoned?
171. Have you ever lost someone close to you?
172. Have you ever broken someone’s heart?
173. Have you ever been mad at me and never told me about it?
174. Have you ever kept a secret from me?
175. Have you ever confessed to a crush before?
176. Have you ever doubted my feelings for you?
177. Have you ever gotten bored when I’m ranting?
178. Have you ever lied about how good I looked in an outfit?
179. Do you still get butterflies when I am around you?
180. Do you think I show you enough affection?
181. Do you trust me with your life?
182. Are you happy with the way our relationship is going?
Best Road Trip Questions For Couples
Here I have included my favorite questions for road trips couples could use to keep the ride entertaining. You can rest assured that your road trips will never be boring again!
183. What’s one similarity between us that you love the most?
184. Where is your favorite place to be with me?
185. What is your favorite quality about me?
186. What are your thoughts on getting married and having a family?
187. What is one thing on your bucket list that you want to do together?
188. What is your happiest memory?
189. When was the last time you cried? Why?
190. Do you consider yourself to be a jealous person?
191. What is something you could talk about for hours with me?
192. How many kids do you want to have in the future?
193. Do you believe that relationships change after marriage?
194. What is your favorite late-night snack?
195. What do you believe makes a relationship last?
196. Do you believe in love at first sight?
197. Do you believe that everything happens for a reason? Or do things happen as a result of our choice?
Road Trip Quizzes For Couples
Saving the best for last, I have included this road trip game for couples questions list to ask your partner. This will determine how well you and your partner know each other.
1. What is my favorite music genre?
2. What is my favorite snack?
3. What are my top three favorite movies?
4. What do I like to do on a Saturday night?
5. What are my three favorite foods?
6. What was the subject I hated the most in school?
7. What chore do I hate doing the most?
8. What country do I wish to visit one day?
9. What do I fear the most?
10. What was the first movie we watched together?
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What Can We Talk About On A Road Trip?
Top 5 Road Trip Conversation Starters
1. What is the most controversial opinion you have?
2. What sport do you wish you were good at?
3. What is one thing you can’t live without?
4. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
5. Which side of the family are you closer to?
What Do You Talk About With Your Boyfriend On A Road Trip?
If not knowing what to talk about with your boyfriend on a road trip stresses you out, then you can start by asking some fun road trip questions for couples.
You can also step things up by asking romantic or deep road trip questions. This article has plenty of those.
What Are Some Q&A Questions For Couples?
Top 5 Q&A Questions For Couples
1. What do you look forward to each day with me?
2. What is my best physical feature that attracts you?
3. How well do we communicate in this relationship?
4. What is your favorite thing that I do for you?
5. What’s one thing that reminds you of me?
How Do I Have Fun On A Road Trip With My boyfriend?
There are a bunch of activities for you to have fun on a road trip with your boyfriend. Playing travel games like “I Spy” or “Truth Or Dare” will keep you entertained for hours.
If you want more, consider purchasing an interactive card game. The couples game is made to make you laugh with your partner.
What Do Couples Do On A Road Trip?
There are plenty of activities couples can do on a road trip. Below are my favorite ones:
Top 5 Road Trip Activities For Couples
1. Take a few dance breaks
2. Plan a picnic at a beautiful spot
3. Bring lots of delicious snacks
4. Explore local eateries
5. Create a karaoke playlist to sing on the road
Long car rides don’t have to be boring after all. You can always find ways to make it more enjoyable with your loved ones. I hope your next long road trip together will make time pass quickly and have amazing conversations with one another.
Now that you have an endless list of road trip questions to ask your significant other, which of the 197 car ride questions were your favorite? Can you think of any more car ride questions for couples that we should add? I would love to hear from you!
Leave a comment below and let us know!