Are you planning your next snowboarding trip and looking for the best womens snowboarding jacket?
Planning, preparing, and heading out for your snowboarding holidays can be equal parts exciting and stressful.
I’m going to help elevate some of that stress by giving you my roundup of 21 best womens snowboarding jacket so you can stop hunting high and low!
Generally, the best womens snowboarding jacket is lightweight, has a hood to protect your head from the cold, and has good waterproofing.
But I’ve dug deep and have got all the deets for different types of jackets here for you.
I’ll also share tips on finding the perfect snowboarding jacket and what features to look for in a women’s snowboarding jacket.
Affiliate Link Disclosure
Some of the links below are affiliate links, and I may earn if you click and buy from them, AT NO EXTRA cost to you. Hope you find the information here useful! Thank you so much.
Top 3 Womens Snowboarding Jackets
If you’re in a rush and want to pick the best womens snowboarding jacket right away, take a look at my top 3 picks to help you decide.
- Best High-End Womens Snowboarding Jacket: Ortovox Guardian Shell 3L Jacket
- Ok this is actually traditionally made for men but I really like it ! Who said we cant wear what we want eh?
- It has all the features I am looking for in a snowboarding jacket, regardless of gender!
This is the mother of all snowboarding jackets, and the Ortovox Guardian Shell 3L Jacket has numerous features to keep you warm and make your ride convenient.
It comes with a two-way hoody, four-way stretch, detachable powder skirt, broader cuff adjustments, lengthy zipper pull on the pit zips, and many pockets for your necessities.
- Best Budget Womens Snowboarding Jacket: Diamond Candy Women Winter Jacket
The Diamond Candy Women Winter Jacket comes with a fleece inner lining and wind-resistant soft shell to keep you warm and dry. It’s lightweight, breathable, and has waterproof zippered pockets to keep your important stuff safe and dry.
- Best All-Round Womens Snowboarding Jacket: Outdoor Research Women’s Skytour Ascentshell Jacket
I honestly can’t quite find anything at fault with this jacket. It’s got multiple pockets for accessories, pit zips for ventilation, and heat vents to keep you warm. Oh, did I mention the hood of this Outdoor Research Women’s Skytour Ascentshell Jacket is also adjustable and can go over virtually any helmet?
- 17 Best Women’s Snowboarding Pants [2022 Guide]
- 11 Best Women’s Snowboarding Boots [2022 Guide]
- 13 Best Snowboarding Backpacks [Personal Experience!] 2023
21 Best Womens Snowboarding Jacket
1. 686 Women’s Athena Jacket
The 686 Women’s Athena Jacket has the best snowboard jackets features, such as everyday wear for the high-performance adventurer in your life. It comes at a very affordable price considering the features.
The 686 Women’s Athena Jacket features infiniDRY 10 stay-dry fabric for all weather conditions, giving it a polished look for women with wanderlust. It’s also designed with 10,000mm waterproof protection against snow and rain.
There isn’t a powder skirt inside, but you may wear a pant-jacket attachment with 686 pants to keep the snow off your legs instead.
Just note that because the length of the jacket is hip-length, this jacket may limit leg movement if you have a shorter torso.
- Affordable for its range
- Not suitable for women with a shorter torso
2. Airblaster Women’s Nicolette Jacket
The Airblaster Women’s Nicolette Jacket is a snow jacket with various delectable hues, from lavender to banana. It’s one for the stylish and chic girls out there.
It also features a thin body-mapped insulating layer and a tough 15k waterproof face fabric. And comes with a powder skirt to keep you even warmer.
A huge plus is the extra large pockets that make keeping things with you easy and accessible. All these features truly make the Airblaster Women’s Nicolette Jacket one of the best long womens snowboard jackets.
- Great large pocket size
- Gorgeous colors!
- Powder skirt can be a little tight around larger hips, making it difficult to bend
3. Airblaster Women’s Stretch Freedom Suit
The Airblaster Women’s Stretch Freedom Suit, is outerwear that is just enjoyable to wear. Most of the wearer comment that being in this suit is like being cooned in a warm, comfy nest. Now that’s a feeling I want during the winter season!
And you won’t have to worry about getting snow on your skin because you are totally immune to frozen water penetration. This full 15K waterproof outerwear fabric with plenty of elasticity offers you the seamless protection of its patented one-piece base layer.
If you hate getting in and out of rompers and jumpsuits like I do, fret not, as the Airblaster Women’s Stretch Freedom Suit comes with zippers at the front and rear wais to make bathroom breaks an ease.
- Full length, so you don’t have to worry about extra pieces of protection
- No insulation
4. Burton Ak Gore-Tex Embark Jacket
The Burton Ak Gore-Tex Embark Jacket is a real top-notch best snowboard outwear that is also beautiful at the same time.
The Gore-Tex fabric technology provides unmatched versatility for every condition. I’ve tried it in sub-zero temperatures, and I didn’t freeze over.
The fit of the jacket still allows enough mobility, even if you are full-figured. It does run a little big on petite frames, though, and there is quite a bit of complaint about the sleeves being too long. But that’s not a stopper for me!
Burton Ak Gore-Tex Embark Jacket truly has some of the best features and waterproofing in the business.
Starting with fully Gore-Tex seam-taped fabric, the design progresses with premium features like water-resistant zips, an ergo micro-adjust hood, and articulated cut lines for complete freedom.
This womens gore tex snowboard jacket epitomizes complete riding bliss because it is lightweight, has venting options, and has space for layers below.
- Great insulation and waterproofing, so you’re fully weatherproof
- Arms are a little too long, especially if you’re petite
5. Burton Keelan Snowboard Jacket Womens
The Burton Keelan Snowboard Jacket Womens is a retro-inspired style jacket with a puffy slim fit.
The longer-fitting slim jacket has enough synthetic down insulation for increased warmth and the desired added covering. This jacket fits close to the body, and a slim fit allows the clothing to flow with you.
A detachable snow skirt keeps snowflakes out, and a breathable taffeta lining wicks away extra heat. The waterproof shell repels water, so you stay dry and prepared for anything winter throws your way.
- The removable powder skirt makes it convenient for putting on and taking off
- Fixed hood
6. Burton Pillowline Gore-Tex Snowboard Jacket
The Burton Pillowline Gore-Tex Snowboard Jacket is an outstanding ride-focused jacket with modern styling. ThermacoreECO Insulation and Gore-Tex keep you warm, dry, and able to ride longer.
Women have always been short-changed on pockets but not with this jacket. It has enough pockets for your pass, phone, munchies, and other items, as well as no-snag vents!
As with all Burton products, the reliable waterproofing will keep you dry regardless of the weather.
- Extremely comfortable with GORE-TEX fabric
- Some find the length of the torso too long
7. Burton Prowess Snowboard Jacket Womens
A cozy classic with a wide range of color possibilities. The Burton Prowess Snowboard Jacket fuses off-hill fashion with on-hill functionality.
This jacket is a rider-driven jacket with an oversized drop tail to protect your booty. At the same time, the sherpa fleece-lined collar is warm and comfortable.
Some of the best features of this Burton Prowess Snowboard Jacket are the ThermacoreECO insulation and a super-breathable Living Lining that expands to trap or release heat to keep your body at optimal comfort temperature.
- Automatic climate control: breathable pores expand to release excess warmth when it’s warm and shrink to trap body heat when it’s cold
- Not suitable for petite girls
8. Cntriton Women’s Snowboard Ski Jacket
One of the highlights of the Cntriton Women’s Snowboard Ski Jacket is the 3-way adjustable and detachable storm hood, which helps you choose whichever you’re comfortable with.
With ultra-soft sherpa lining, low-bulk, high-warmth insulation, and a 2-layer matte polyester blend dobby weave outer shell fabric that is waterproof, breathable, and DWR coated, the Cntriton Women’s Snowboard Ski Jacket keeps you warm even in wet conditions.
The ski jackets give you the most comfort possible while participating in outdoor activities thanks to their fixed stretch powder skirt and elastic shock cord at the hem that can be adjusted for comfort and thermal protection.
The pockets are distinct because, save from one vertical pocket, they are primarily horizontal. They all have different depths, making them useful for different-sized items.
- Removable storm hood in case you want to wear them indoors instead and don’t want the hood weighing you down
- Lower breathability than most
9. Dakine Womens Barrier Gore-Tex Jacket
The Dakine Womens Barrier Gore-Tex Jacket Jacket was made to weather the storm and will protect you from the cold, wet, and wind!
The seams that have been completely taped provide waterproofing. The jacket is literally (okay fine, figuratively) a barrier between you and nature.
It doesn’t come with insulation, though, which may be a bummer for some, but on the plus side, you get to layer up however you want.
With this jacket, you have everything you need for a stress-free day on the slopes with the combination of a powder skirt and strategically placed pockets, and wrist gaiters.
- Lightweight – perfect for layering
- No insulation
10. DC Sovereign Womens Jacket
The DC Sovereign Womens Jacket is an ideal balance between warmth, fit, and flawless technical performance.
It has a waterproof 30k/25k membrane, 60g of Primaloft® Black insulation, and 4-way stretch construction. These features equip it with the technology and functionality to serve as your go-to jacket day in and day out, season after season.
The DC Sovereign Womens Jacket has enough room for you to add layers underneath without being too baggy without additional layers.
Lycra wrist gaiters retain the sleeves down while also preventing snow from getting up into them if you crash. This jacket’s soft, elastic, and cozy gaiters give it a nice touch.
- Convertible hood and collar system, so it’s like you have two jackets!
- The arms’ length can feel a little too long
11. Diamond Candy Women Winter Jacket
The Diamond Candy Women Winter Jacket is your best option if you need something solid at a great price.
The fleece inner lining and wind-resistant soft shell keep you warm and dry. While the 360-degree insulation provided by the composite thermal inner layer helps minimize heat loss, the multi-layer weather protection system allows moisture vapors to escape from the skin.
It is perfect for strong winds and heavy rain because it is lightweight, breathable, and completely seam-taped to prevent leaks. With two waterproof zipped pockets, a chest pocket, and an inside pocket for your phone, you can keep your belongings dry and secure.
It is made of performance stretch fabric that flows with your body and includes a detachable hood so you can choose to keep it on or off, depending on your needs.
- Super affordable for something so versatile and high performing!
- Low waterproof rating
12. FW Catalyst 2L Snow Jacket
The FW Catalyst 2L Snow Jacket jacket is a high-end, sustainably made jacket that performs well on all fronts. This jacket keeps you dry when exploring the unknown thanks to its high waterproof and breathability ratings.
The recycled yarn fabric looks soft like cotton yet repels water well.
The hood may be simply adjusted to fit the size of your helmet without any gaps allowing the wind to enter. Additionally, there is a chest pocket where you may keep your valuables, and the sleeve pocket is where you can keep your lift pass.
Not only will you be buying an environmentally friendly jacket, but also one that is highly sturdy and functional.
- Sustainably produced – FW is a member of 1% for the planet, part of your money goes towards protecting the environment when you invest in their products.
- High price point
13. Gemyse Women’s Jacket
The Gemyse Women’s Jacket provides enough thermal protection in below-freezing temperatures and has a cozy fuzzy lining.
Your head, ears, and neck are protected from the icy wind and chilly temperatures by the detachable and removable hood, which also adds extra warmth. There are also thumbholes in the cuffs to keep the warmth in.
Due to the waterproof shell design, this becomes one of the best womens insulated snowboard jackets for anyone snowboarding in extra snowy circumstances.
The fabric’s Micro-Pores structure makes it breathable, moisture-wicking, quick to dry, and simple to clean and maintain.
For the price you pay, this is an overall great-for-value jacket.
- The detachable hood makes it more versatile
- Thumbholes so your hands are kept warmer
- Completely waterproof and you don’t have to worry about the snow at all
- No vent holes
14. Little Donkey Andy Women’s Snowboarding Jacket
Little Donkey Andy Women’s Snowboarding Jacket is filled with breathable, ultra-lightweight recycled material that creates a layer of air insulation to keep you warm in chilly and wet conditions.
Additionally, mercerized velvet has a soft-touch and skin-friendly lining to improve comfort.
The attached hood with peripheral cable is comfortable and highly adjustable; when not used, it may be tucked into the collar. Hook-and-loop cuffs and an elastic drawcord hem keep the garment in place while blocking the wind.
Overall, this is a great jacket for normal winter days and good for light daily use.
- Lightweight – you can layer on with it without feeling weighed down
- Runs small in size, so you may want to size up!
15. Ortovox Guardian Shell 3L Jacket
The Ortovox Guardian Shell 3L Jacket keeps you warm and dry throughout the entire snow season.
This warmest womens snowboard jacket has you covered, whether it’s freezing days when you need to cover up or warm days when you can open the arm vents.
It’s made with a loose fit, so you can comfortably snowboard in it. And the two-way adjustable hood and four-way stretch also provide a wide range of movement.
The detachable powder skirt, broader cuff adjustments, lengthy zipper pull on the pit zips, and pockets are additional characteristics we appreciate.
The exquisite “merino on skin” backing that Ortovox incorporated is an excellent quality of this jacket. It’s Effortless but capable, with extra points for wicking ability!
- Arms vents can be opened, so you’re not sweating on warmer days
- Super durable in that you can stretch it 4-ways without worrying about ripping the jacket, and it gives you a wider range of movement
- Very expensive $$$ (although it is one of the top womens snowboard jackets)
16. Outdoor Research Women’s Skytour Ascentshell Jacket
Outdoor Research Women’s Skytour Ascentshell Jacket for female snowboarders is undoubtedly the most comfortable because of the AscentShell technology.
The cut is lengthy and spacious. And the hood has a wire brim to prevent collapse.
On the outside are two lower hand pockets, two upper chest pockets, an interior mesh pocket for skins, and pit zips for convenient ventilation with waterproof protection. The material is very soft and breathable.
When the weather throws you off, you’ll keep dry inside with lightweight protection and heat vents so you can actually feel the difference.
The combination of comfort and durability of the shell, as well as the adjustable hood, makes this a top choice for me!
- Adjustable hood fits over a variety of helmets
- No insulation
17. Roxy Girls Shelter Warmflight Insulated Jacket
Roxy Girls Shelter Warmflight Insulated Jacket gives you the confidence to head out into the storm, and not just because it’s one of the most stylish womens snowboard outfits.
If you get caught out in bad weather, the Roxy Girls Shelter Warmflight Insulated Jacket is a stormproof anorak with tonnes of design and features that will keep you warm and dry.
Its 10K waterproof and breathability rating keeps the wetness out, and its water-resistant synthetic insulation keeps you toasty throughout. The internal snap clasp aids in preventing the entry of cold and snow.
It also has a lot of pockets for all your essentials.
For all you fashionistas, the removable faux fur trim is an added touch of style.
- Great insulation and features to keep warmth in
- Multiple pockets with easy access for you to store all your essentials
- Runs small
18. Roxy Glade 2L Gore-Tex Snowboard Jacket
The Roxy Glade 2L Gore-Tex Snowboard Jacket is a peak jacket with a sleek design and functional performance. It comes in many gorgeous colors and has a little tapered silhouette and a drop tail hem for some freestyle flair.
This jacket provides the best defense against winter’s icy grips because it is supported by the renownedly breathable and waterproof Gore-Tex membrane and a tiny bit of Primaloft insulation.
This fortress of winter clothing has several pockets, a Hydro smart neck warmer, and a long-fitted fit that looks beautiful and keeps the snow out on deep days.
- Value for money at its price point and features like waterproof Gore-Tex and smart neck warmer keeping you warm at all times
- A little tight around the hips, especially if you have wide hips
19. Volcom Ell Insulated Gore-Tex Jacket
The Volcom Ell Insulated Gore-Tex Jacket combines premium Gore-Tex waterproofing with style and features. You can benefit from an Aquaguard water-repellent zipper and a side-to-side hood adjustment.
The jacket is at a perfect length, and unlike many complaints about hip-length jackets, this one fits great and is not too tight around the hips and butt area.
The Volcom Ell Insulated Gore-Tex Jacket jacket comes with a Zip Tech interface to connect to compatible pants with this jacket.
It is lined with synthetic insulation to keep you warm when the sun sets behind the mountain while the lifts are still operating.
- The whistle zipper pull acts as a safety feature if you need to call for help
- Many find the sleeves a little too long
20. Volcom Leda Gore-Tex Snow Jacket
The Volcom Leda Gore-Tex Snow Jacket is perfect for an all-day shred session. Even the wettest snowstorms and windiest days can’t force you inside, thanks to the waterproof, windproof, and breathable Gore-Tex 2-layer membrane.
When necessary, the Taffeta and Mesh Lined shell will keep you warm.
The jacket also has completely taped seams to provide additional confidence that no chilly moisture will seep through to your outer layers. The adjustable hood shields your face from biting winds and snow.
To keep you comfortable, you can unzip the mesh-lined underarm vents to let some warm air out if the day becomes too hot or you start to sweat.
- Taped seams to make sure that you are fully warm
- Adjustable hoods so you can make it fit you completely without any room for cold air to seep in
- Has to be layered for the best effect
21. Volcom Fern Insolated Gore Pullover
Volcom Fern Insolated Gore Pullover’s Gore-Tex fabric certifies it for use in any winter climate.
Even with 80g of thin insulation, this warmest snowboard jacket womens maintains a stylish pullover appearance and appears to be a shell from the outside. You’ll be comfortable while moving about with a loose fit and great pockets.
Gore-Tex is insulated to keep you warm and should keep you nice and dry. Additionally, it boasts a powder skirt, water-resistant zippers, a wide fit for additional layers, and a zip jacket to the pant interface.
- Warm jacket, yet warm enough for all-season boarding
- Some may find the pullover design a little troublesome to put on
- 9 Best Snowboard Boots For Skinny Ankles [Personal Experience]
- 11 Best Snowboarding Wrist Guards [2023 Update]
- 21 Best Snowboarding Documentaries [Exciting & Inspiring!]
Best Womens Snowboarding Jackets – How To Choose A Snowboard Jacket
When choosing a snowboard jacket, you want to consider waterproofing and breathability.
This should be one of the first features you look out for since you will be in the snow. Here’s how you look out for waterproofing features:
- Taped Seams – Pay attention to how the seams are sealed – fully taped ones give all-round protection, whereas critically taped means only the major seams around the chest, back, and underarms are sealed.
- Waterproof rating – The number of millimeters of water that can be repelled per square inch is measured as the rating. Ratings generally fall between 5,000mm and 20,000mm. The higher the rating, the more waterproof the jacket.
- Gore-Tex – Gore-Tex is a membrane that is laminated to the outside layer of the jacket. It is expensive but so worth it.
Gore-Tex material has countless tiny pores that allow water vapor to escape but keep liquid water from getting in, allowing it to maintain a very high level of waterproofness while simultaneously remaining extremely breathable.
Breathability is important as it helps wick away your sweat and doesn’t let it be trapped inside your jacket, which will not only cause you to smell but, on a more serious note, can cause you to fall sick.
Your jacket’s breathability will be measured in grams and can range from 3,000g to 20,000g. The higher breathability, the better, but you could probably go for 8,000g to 10,000g and be alright.
Best Womens Snowboarding Jacket – Features of Snowboard Jackets
These are some common features in snowboard jackets that you should look out for when deciding to get a new snowboard jacket:
- Hood – You want to look for a snow-helmet-compatible hood if you’re into some serious snowboarding. Otherwise, look for jackets with hoods that get you improved coverage with less skin exposed and a solid bill that reduces the amount of snow hitting your goggles.
- Jacket-To-Pant Attachment System – This system is about maximizing warmth and protection, but really, for me, it is a nice-have, not a must-have.
- Pit Zips (Underarm Vents) – This is a very valuable feature to have, especially on those unsuspecting days when temperatures jump out of nowhere. You can unzip the pit zips and let some warmth out.
- Pockets – I honestly can’t think of any snowboarding jackets without pockets, ha! But you want to look for multiple compartments, sizes, and versatility so you can keep everything safe. Mesh-drop pockets are also great for stowing things like your goggles, gloves, etc.
- Powder Skirt – Powder skirts keep snow from getting up into your jacket. It’s an elastic band within the jacket that clips.
- Wrist Gaiters – Another nice-have, wrist gaiters are built-in liners that go over your hand with a hole for your thumb. They are meant to help keep snow from getting up your sleeves.
- 9 Best Knee Pads For Snowboarding [Flexible and Sturdy!]
- 13 Best Womens Snowboard Bindings Based On personal Experience!
- 11 Best Snowmobile Boots For Women [Stylish & Affordable!]
FAQs On Best Womens Snowboarding Jacket
What Kind Of Jacket Is Best For Snowboarding?
So, what kind of jacket is best for snowboarding? A waterproof/breathable rain jacket over your fleece or wool works, but its slickness might lengthen any slides you make after a fall. The best jackets for snowboarding are ski or snowboard jackets which are waterproof or water-resistant and insulated, with pockets and other snow-specific features.
How Thick Should A Snowboarding Jacket Be?
How thick a snowboarding jacket should be is about 5,000 to 10,000 mm. The minimum is 5,000 mm, especially if you most of the day outside. If you are in a typically stormy or wetter area, you should seek a higher rating: in the 15,000 to 20,000 mm range.
What’s The Difference Between A Ski Jacket And A Snowboard Jacket?
Well, what’s the difference between a ski jacket and a snowboard jacket? The fit is the main difference between a ski jacket and a snowboard jacket. Snowboard jackets are much looser than ski jackets and are longer in length. While sitting in the snow, strapping your board on, the extra length helps keep you warmer.
Do Snowboarding Jackets Keep You Warm?
Yes, snowboarding jackets keep you warm, just as ski jackets do. Both types of jackets are made to keep you nice and warm. They are made from the same materials and designed to protect you from the elements.
So there you go, 21 of the best womens snowboarding jackets out there today. Which do you have picked as the best women’s snowboard jacket?
I know that finding the perfect womens snowboarding jacket can be hard because there are so many different brands and styles.
Most of us girls want something that will keep us warm but also keep us looking good and not like some overstuffed potato while we’re at it.
So I hope my list will prove useful to you. If you know of anyone else looking for the best womens snowboarding jacket, do them a favor and share this post with them too!